Do you love wine? Do you love talking with people about wine? Do you love to look at the mountains, grapevines, and rolling hillsides while talking about wine? If so, you should definitely apply for one of our Canyon Terrace Host positions!
We are looking for individuals that want to provide a luxury wine tasting experience to our guests in the heart of Ballard Canyon, just outside Solvang. We have spent significant time remodeling our terrace and are now looking for hosts that will make our guests fall further in love with us. Ours is not a traditional tasting room experience post-COVID. We won't have a tasting bar. Instead, we're all about table service in a stunning location.
These positions are for full-time openings and eligible for benefits such as gratuities, vacation, holiday pay, health insurance, etc.
Essential Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times. This includes:
- Offering assigned guests a customized wine experience, sharing information about winery history, vineyard sourcing, and winemaking techniques.
- Developing ongoing relationships with customers to encourage repeat visits and future sales.
- Responding quickly and graciously to customer requests and feedback.
- Promoting and selling our wine, wine products, wine club memberships, and gift merchandise, including seeking new and innovative ways to sell our products through better and more unique customer service experiences.
- Assisting with hospitality special events, special wine tastings, and VIP luncheons or dinners
- Assisting with daily business functions, including opening and closing procedures, wine inventory, and restocking.
- Verifying guests are of legal age to consume alcohol.
- Handling routine purchasing transactions and daily sales accounting.
- Accurately operate POS system and other office equipment and systems.
- Ensuring tasting deck and other public areas are neat and clean and COVID-19 protocols are followed.
- Working weekend and evening winery events.
- Stay current in the industry by attending educational opportunities, reading publications, and maintaining personal and professional networks.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Proven sales results, in the wine industry or other service industry
- Knowledge of wine & wine production (preferred but not required)
- Ability to read, write and speak English; bilingual in any other language a plus.
- Excellent verbal & interpersonal communication skills required.
- Clean and professional appearance
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Working environment has exposure to both indoors and outdoors and associated noise levels.
- Position requires extensive standing, walking, and bending
- Traverse stairs and uneven ground, while carrying a server tray
- Must perform physically strenuous tasks including lifting heavy objects (50+ lbs)