The Skilled Materials Handler performs duties such as receive, pick, rotate, and ship materials and/or products to fulfill customer orders and/or to support production, utilizing the necessary equipment through the organization while maintaining a safe work environment, controlling inventory accuracies that ensuring overall accuracy. This position will also perform manual and some clerical duties.
• Loads, unloads, rotates, and order selects customer orders following the department standard work
• Secures customer shipments for rail, ocean, and over-the-road transport, properly arranging inventory and dunnage to secure load and balance weight
• Maintains an organized, clean and safe working environment by fully engaging in all 5S duties throughout all areas of the organization
• Participates in Kata / Kaizen function; participating in the continuous improvement of processes and procedures
• Operates RF scanner, forklift, carton clamp, slip sheeter, scrubber, and all other materials handling equipment provided by company
• Efficiently uses indirect labor
• Accurately completes any necessary paper work and reports any inventory discrepancies immediately
• Clearly and professionally communicates with customers, contractors, and peers
• Checks operating condition of the forklift daily
• Observes all safety rules for operating forklifts while safely keeping up with production operations
• Reads and understands production lines work order instructions
• Safely stacks full pallets to a level of four pallets high
• Responsible for ensuring pallets are properly secured or stretched wrapped per company standards
• Empties garbage and cardboard bins in the appropriate bulk trash containers
• Maintains cleanliness and organization of interior and exterior of facility
• Participates and supports year end cycle counts along with requested daily cycle counts
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned or required
Education and Experience
High School Diploma
Minimum of three years previous warehouse and forklift experience, preferably in large distribution environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of general warehouse procedures. Self-motivated and takes initiative to maintain work area in a safe, professional, and organized manner. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Must possess appropriate computer skills. Experience with RF gun use. Ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division with or without the use of a calculator. May be required to work various shifts, including overtime and holidays.
Certificates and Licenses
Forklift Certification and valid driver's license
General internal and external warehouse environments
Drives Automotive Equipment
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.