At Andrew Peller Limited (APL), we deliver the perfect brand experience for every lifestyle, occasion, and generation. Through collaboration, open communication, honesty, drive to win, and accountability, we inspire teammates to be extraordinary every day.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada's largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality winemaking.
We produce some of Canada's most recognized brands and offer our teammates a challenging and rewarding employment experience.
We are seeking extraordinary, enthusiastic Retail & Experience Supervisor to join our Tinhorn Creek Vineyards team. Tinhorn Creek Vineyards in Oliver, BC is one of the Okanagan's most innovative and environmentally sustainable estate wineries with an extensive health and safety program. We are a 450-ton winery in the heart of the South Okanagan wine region, with vineyards on both the Golden Mile Bench and the Black Sage Bench. We produce roughly 50:50 white and red, and our two unique vineyard sites allow us to grow both Bordeaux and Burgundy varietals in addition to a dash of Syrah and Gewurztraminer. We employ a basic and natural wine making approach and have a small but skilled team you would enjoy working with.
Reporting into the Retail and Experience Manager, your job will be varied, and no two days will be the same! If you are eager to pour extraordinary into everyday life, read further.
We are looking for a teammate with:
• College or University graduate with 2-4 years retail supervisory experience preferably in a Hospitality/Tourism or luxury retail environment
• Completed or working towards completion of WSET or ISG/CAPS or have CMS certification desirable
• A passion for working with the public and/or are interested in learning about wine
• A passion for sharing wine and viticultural knowledge
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to multi-task while guiding a team
• A "Can Do" attitude and enjoy working under pressure
• An understanding of how to provide best-in-class service for guests
• Ability to be a brand ambassador; you love to entertain others in a fun and engaging way
This teammate will be accountable for:
• Consistently demonstrating service excellence to all visitors resulting in memorable guest experiences while inspiring a team of Wine Enthusiasts to do the same
• The performance and team training of retail functions within the retail boutique
• Managing all customer inquiries completely, appropriately, and in a consistently positive, professional and enthusiastic manner
• Sharing wine and viticultural knowledge in a fun and engaging way with customers and own team
• Supporting the drive for higher sales and support Wine Enthusiasts to encourage guests to become Wine Club members
• Being a positive Wine Educator and brand ambassador, as well as inspiring our team of Wine Enthusiasts conveying a consistent and positive brand story
• Financial and inventory management
• Maximizing revenue per customer through merchandising of the tasting room
***Incumbents for these roles must be a minimum of 19 years of age and in possession of a valid "Serve it Right" certification.
*Please submit a detailed resume outlining your qualifications no later than October 22, 2021.
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.