Named after Dr. Pangloss, the eternal optimist in Voltaire’s novel Candide, Pangloss Cellars is a celebration of optimism as the ideal way to approach life.
Pangloss Cellars was founded on the belief that the consumer experience is as important as the wines themselves. You will be working in our historic building on the Sonoma Plaza dating back to 1902 – the home of our Pangloss Cellars Tasting Lounge and new outdoor Tasting Terrace. These spaces both define Pangloss Cellars and embody our core values: it is welcoming, authentic, optimistic, community-focused and social – a warm and beautiful historic place to enjoy the sensory experience of fine wine. With over 4,000 square feet of indoor space as well as 1,500 square feet outdoors we can offer a variety of different experiences. All the in-person tastings are by prior reservation, with a duration of 90 minutes. Our wines are exclusively available from our Tasting Lounge, through membership in the Optimist Society, and on our website.
The primary focus of the position is driving sales and membership conversion through an experience-driven sales approach: quality product, genuine, thorough and
exceptional service that fosters long-term personal relationships and brand loyalty.
We offer above-market compensation and a top-tier health and dental plan, as well as a retirement savings option.
• Working with the Hospitality Manager, motivate, inspire, and train great sales ability and service proficiency in our hospitality team
• Hitting daily and monthly sales and new member acquisition targets is a must
• Work with the Hospitality Manager to develop sales programs and promotions to drive and increase sales and traffic
• Ensure team trained to adhere to responsible beverage service and responsible food handling standards
• Drive and maintain company culture, ensuring and fostering an environment of trust and respect
• Maintain existing and develop new relationships with concierges, drivers, winery staff as well as being active in the local hospitality community to continue growing relationships
• Create, implement formalized training programs that ensure consistent and accurate brand voice as well as sales and member acquisition execution
• Manage all details and processes associated with daily operations including opening, stocking, inventory, special circumstances of the day, guest flow, service issues, and closing
• Lead daily morning meetings with the sales team, manage floor throughout the day ensuring consumer flow and team breaks are completed in a timely manner
• Maintain standards of operation with the team in shipping and inventory
• Impeccable leadership ability, optimistic, enthusiastic, high-energy
• Proven sales ability and 2-5 years of sales and team management
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees
• Highly organized, accurate, and detail-oriented
• Ability to drive and maintain a positive work atmosphere and communicate effectively
• Great problem solving and critical thinking ability
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Weekends, holidays, and some evenings required
• Must be at least 21 years of age
Email a cover letter and resume to Team@PanglossCellars.com. No phone calls. You must currently live within an hour drive of Pangloss Cellars to be considered for this position.