Scheid Family Wines has an exciting career opportunity for a Bottling Manager based at our Greenfield, CA winery campus.
Founded in Monterey County in 1972, Scheid Family Wines is one of the fastest growing wine companies in the country with extensive estate vineyard holdings and a state-of-the-art winery campus. In addition to our flagship Scheid Vineyards brand, we produce and market over three dozen core and exclusive brands including Ryder Estate, District 7, Ranch 32, VDR, Metz Road, Stokes’ Ghost and Sunny with a Chance of Flowers.
SUMMARY: The Bottling Manager reports to the General Manager and serves as a key member of the bottling and finished goods team in a large bottling and distribution facility. This position manages and coordinates the activities of production personnel engaged in packaging wine products for storage & shipment, including providing leadership, direction, and facilitation on multiple high speed production lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead multiple production teams to achieve production metrics in a manner consistent with our culture and values.
• Direct and coach production operators in the execution of daily/weekly production schedules for multiple packaging lines.
• Coach, mentor, train, develop and evaluate team members and leaders. Assess and create plans to grow the skills and competencies of frontline employees to meet current and future business requirements
• Drive continuous improvement through teamwork, skills, and capability development.
• Partner cross functionally with Winery, Procurement, Quality, Maintenance, and the Warehouse to maximize efficiencies and output of high-quality product
• Ensure adherence to applicable quality and manufacturing standards, and GMPs.
• Monitor and enforce all OSHA and Company safety regulations and policies as well as lead safety programs for Bottling Department through development and execution of safe practices, process documentation, ensuring understanding of SOPs to minimize severity of workplace accidents, and ensuring that PPE is utilized for each team member and guest
• Ensure that planned efficiency, cost targets, and production numbers are attained or exceeded to ensure customer demand can be fulfilled on time
• Ensure quality goals and preventative maintenance of lines is completed to standard
• Develop skill training program to reward performance and facilitate promotion based on merit
• Improve and streamline production processes to drive cost savings and drive efficiencies
• Participate in projects including workforce planning, budgeting, new product launches, equipment installs or upgrades
• Provide periodic weekend and swing shift coverage as a member of the leadership team in the facility
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field
• Five or more years of production experience in a bottling or packaging environment with five or more years of experience in a leadership capacity
• Prior experience in the consumer products industry or food and beverage, with familiarity with equipment automation, quality and food safety regulation desired
• Knowledge or exposure to Lean, Six Sigma, 5S and various problem-solving methodologies
• Solid understanding of production processes, preventative maintenance and budget management
• Demonstrated track record of leading, training, motivating, coaching and developing individuals and teams in a manner consistent with our culture
• LANGUAGE - Must speak, read, and write in English – Spanish a plus
• TECHINICAL – Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, business management and intelligence software (Microsoft NAV preferred)
• GENERAL – Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to partner internally and externally to achieve results; Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives on tight deadlines and delegate accordingly; Effective communication skills with the ability to influence change and encourage action; Solid problem solving abilities with the ability to coach and mentor others in this capacity; Ability and willingness to respond to after-hours calls for critical issues and provide weekend or split shift coverage during heavy volume production schedules; Positive can do attitude with strong problem solving abilities.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and/or keyboard. Required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This job requires use of the computer and phone.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Scheid Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.