Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family-owned wine company. We're innovators with a strong belief that quality is key and we're always on the lookout for top talent - individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community!
Our Bottling team is face paced, dynamic, collaborative, and hard working. Our operation is complex and technical. We are looking for a team player, with a strong focus on people, quality, safety. The Bottling Supervisor is a key member of the Bottling Management team, using strong decisions skills, judgement and communications.
This position includes the supervision of both permanent and temporary bottling line personnel on an evening shift (2nd shift). Must be capable of working on a team to develop operator'sskills in a high-speed bottling production facility. Will need the capability to perform training and assessments that will grow and develop personnel into a smooth functioning production team. The ability to perform operational bottling line assessments and recommend automation and control solutions to increase efficiencies will be needed.Under the supervision of the Bottling Manager, this 2nd shift position will perform the following bottling duties:
Essential/Responsibilities (not limited to):
• Follow, observe and supervise the execution of all production Quality, Safety requirements and the bottling schedule.
• Must possess outstanding communications skills and have the ability to draft training related documents, present those documents in a classroom environment and demonstrate the skills in a production environment.
• Analyze the required packaging materials for use in daily production.
• Solve production/scheduling issues as they arise.
• Problem solve in a fast moving production environment.
• Should be comfortable communicating both verbally and writing with all levels of management and staff.
• Must be computer savvy and comfortable in all Microsoft Office programs and JDE.
• Must be able to gather, analyze and present production data and recommend steps to increase efficiencies and decrease waste.
• Will need to hire, coach, counsel, train, motivate and evaluate production personnel verbally and in writing.
• Will be responsible for the setup of bottling equipment for proper operation in a timely manner.
• Learn, understand and supervise the cleaning and sanitation of bottling equipment.
• Responsible for all bottling equipment and directing the efforts of bottling in operation and required maintenance.
• Should be capable of analyzing production line automation and control capabilities and provide input to enhance overall performance.
• Individual must be a self-starter with the ability to interact with others.
• Must speak read and write in English.
• Must lift more than 40lbs, ability to work on your feet, heights and maintain good balance.
• Willing to work extended shifts and weekends as necessary.
• Other duties assigned by the Bottling Manager or Director of Bottling.
Bachelor of Science Degree preferred.
HACCP and 5-S implementation experience preferred.
Minimum of 10 years' experience in a production environment required.
Must be Quality and Safety orientated with a strong Financial/Budgeting background.
Must be highly dependable, reliable, detailed oriented with good organizational skills.
Must be a team player with the ability to work flexible hours and the desire to develop skills to advance within the company.
Must have strong maintenance related background and the ability to train operator maintainers in the conduct of their daily duties on a production line.
Must possess strong administrative and industrial computer skills.
Must have a good DMV record.