National Account Director - Midwest
The Family-owned, Chicago based Importer, Winesellers, Ltd., named Importer of the Year by both Wine & Spirits and Wine Enthusiast, is looking for a top-notch, experienced performer located in the Midwest to successfully manage National Accounts, On and Off Premise, across the Central United States.
- Reside in major metropolitan area in the territory, Chicago preferred, with close proximity to a major airport
- 10+ Years’ Experience as a Supplier with ever increasing roles & responsibilities
- 5+ Years’ Experience working with On and Off Premise chain buyers; established relationships a must
- Strategic thinker that can identify trends and utilize to sell to National Accounts
- Experience submitting RFP’s to various National/Chain Accounts
- Strong knowledge and passion for wine & spirits from around the world
- Strong relationships with distributor chain teams within Winesellers Ltd. Network a plus
- Proven sales record throughout career and ability to lead and influence the marketplace
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of business software, including Excel, Powerpoint, iDig, etc.
- Experience with Nielsen, IRI, and other industry data sources
- Exceptional communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attainment of Sales & Depletion Goals
- Strict Adherence to Company Provided Budgets
- Manage the execution of the Business Plan & Corporate Strategy
- Travel extensively while staying within T&E budget
- Develop and implement National Account pricing, programming, and incentives
- Develop relationships with distributor chain managers within Winesellers Ltd. Network
- Communicate with Operations to monitor inventory levels
- Develop relationships with Assigned National Accounts and Buyers
- Develop relationships with suppliers to identify control/private label opportunities
- Assist Regional Team with Regional Chain Account Presentations
- Develop and Present quarterly business reviews to Senior Management.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and aggressive bonus opportunity
- Car allowance and T&E budget.
- Benefits package consisting of health, dental and profit sharing.
- Paid vacation and personal days
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated team player with a strong desire to achieve goals. We are looking for an individual who can take company directives and put them into action without the need for micro-management. The person has to be smart, intuitive, highly-effective, and personally accountable. Passion and determination are critical.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a top-notch professional looking to take their career to the next level!
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter.