About Boisset Collection: Founded 1961 in the heart of Burgundy, France, Jean-Claude and Claudine Boisset began establishing their family collection of historic and unique wineries. The Boisset Collection binds the old and new worlds of wine with its authentic Franco-American spirit to create terroir-driven wines by harmonizing the past, the future, the land, and the people.
Boisset Collection features JCB, De Loach, Buena Vista, and Raymond with more than twenty-five prestigious wineries and brands. Paramount locals in France and the United States, Boisset Collection is one of the world's leading family-owned luxury fine wine companies.
The Tasting Room Assistant Manager for Raymond Vineyards supports the Tasting Room Manager with coordinating all aspects of the winery tasting rooms, to maintain excellent customer service. The wide variety of duties involved requires flexibility, organization, and strong public relation skills.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge about the wines, the vineyards, the portfolio, and the wineries.
• Become a knowledge resource for Tasting Room Associates.
• Accurately handle routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales; processes returns, and discounts.
• Provide general tourist information and, in some case, more concierge type service, calling restaurants for reservations, assisting with appointments at other wineries.
• Conduct guided tours.
• Assist with hospitality special events.
• Represents winery at outside functions.
• Provides work leadership to others through assignment of work, review of progress, monitoring of results and instruction. Excludes those with full supervisory responsibilities.
• Responsible for guiding team toward its goals, see that all members of the team are productive, and resolve problems as they arise.
• Inventory management and assist with properly maintaining adequate inventory of wine and gift items.
• Review timecards daily and update as needed; approve bi-weekly timecards at end of each pay period by deadline, using the online time clock system.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies, and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees and participate in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Calculate items such as discounts, commissions, simple interest, percentages, areas, circumference, and volume. Ability to understand fractions, ratios, and proportions. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Apply common sense understanding to multiple tasks, analyze and solve practical problems, prioritize, and delegate tasks and projects, work both independently and as part of a team, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment.
• Possess intermediate computer skills which can include e-mail, internet, word processing, spreadsheet, basic database activity, graphic arts and/or publishing.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university; or 12-24 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Moderate physical activity performing occasional somewhat strenuous activities including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, and carrying. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handles items, and work with the fingers. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 50 lbs. in weight. Clear vision (close and distant) and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for telephone, office, and group conversation.
• Primarily in a well lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor setting with adequate ventilation. Periods required in an un-heated indoor setting (wine cellar) with changing conditions. Short periods outdoors while conducting tours or moving between buildings. Moderate noise levels typical of public space: music sound system, public conversations, telephones/cell phones, large groups.
Schedule and Travel Requirements:
• Variable schedule: primarily a set schedule but may require weekends, periodic evenings, and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.
• Position does not require overnight travel.
Boisset Collection is an equal opportunity employer.