POSITION: General Manager
LOCATION: McCall Wines, Cutchogue NY
McCall Wines a family-owned winery and vineyard located in the beautiful North Fork of Long Island. McCall believes in a ‘farming first’ philosophy where a large focus is placed on growing the best grapes possible to produce distinguished wines each year. Land preservation, environmental sustainability, conservation, and premium customer service make up the pinnacle of what McCall Wines is today.
We are searching for someone who loves the wine business as much as we do. You will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with us to transform our operations—leading the team day to day with an eye on our goal of building a world class hospitality and member experience. The ideal person knows how to think and act strategically but knows the importance of rolling up their sleeves and getting dirty.
The ideal candidate balances perfection with execution and knows how to think about the big picture for the future of the business. You enjoy being a self-starter, taking the initiative with new ideas and driving action to put them in place. You can lead a team - and bring out the best in everyone, demonstrating the passion and hard work it takes to create the best experience possible for our members and guests. You are excited to balance small business needs on the path to a larger vision.
The GM will take ownership of most day-to-day operations while helping keep focus on achieving long-term goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee all aspects of the successful daily operation of the McCall Tasting Room.
• Accurately handle all sales transactions at the tasting room and online.
• Interview, hire and develop new employees as needed in accordance with the standards set by the owners.
• Train, supervise and provide support to tasting room staff and educate as needed to improve and develop individual and group sales performance.
• Conduct weekly outreach with local businesses, tasting rooms, hotels, restaurants and wineries to build local relationships and generate a successful referral network.
• Conduct weekly staff and ownership meetings to discuss goals, performances and progress.
• Create and promote new visitor experiences.
• Process and coordinate all shipping orders, and ensure that all orders are within state regulations.
• Maintain mailing list database and wine club referrals.
• Respond to wine club member and non-member calls and email inquiries.
• Support and grow the McCall wine club with new member sales, account and member retention.
• Maintain accurate count of daily and annual wine inventory.
• Create, organize and execute regular tasting room events and classes.
JOB REQUIREMENTS – Include, but are not limited to:
• Strong Leadership Skills: The ability to create and maintain a gracious and efficient environment that is focused on providing the best possible guest and employee experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience managing online store management, inventory management, and order fulfillment.
• Hospitality experience in planning, organizing and executing events and educational classes.
• Thorough knowledge of New York and US wine industry.
• Established relationships with key industry contacts: Hotel concierges, local tasting rooms, local winery employees, and industry networking organizations.
• Financial Business Acumen: The ability to understand and meet budgets, run daily reports, meet and exceed sales goals; control inventory, labor, expenses and cash management.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends, evenings and holidays.
SALARY: Competitive base salary plus sales incentives and relocation housing for 6 months.
CONTACT: Ria D’Aversa, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
PLEASE SUBMIT: Concise and thoughtful cover letter. Resume/CV. References not necessary at this time.