PERISSOS VINEYARD & WINERY
Tasting Room Lead
About Perissos: ?Our story begins with a name and the significance that lies therein. Perissos is a Greek word found in the Bible (Ephesians 3:20) meaning “exceeding abundantly, beyond what is expected, imagined, or hoped for.” We are an 18 acre vineyard and winery located in Burnet, Tx. Our wines are of the most highly awarded wine in the state and have won 7 Best of Class awards from the prestigious San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition. We are serious about farming, wine making, and creating life long memorable experiences. Our mission is to impact the wine world with the very best wine that can be crafted from Texas soil.
Position Summary: ?The Tasting Room Lead is a position that focuses on leadership, and servanthood. Our goal is to increase responsibility as you develop into this role and beyond. You will host tastings, lead in world class guest experience, schedule staff, help manage inventory, and foster a culture that is unmatched. The wide variety of duties involved requires flexibility, organization, and strong public relations skills. The Tasting room Lead promotes the style, ideals, mission, and vision of the brand through attitude and demeanor. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and is not a supervisor role. This is a great opportunity to develop as a future leader. We want to see you grow over time and help us write Texas history.
• Greet guests like old friends and turn them into family.
• Greet wine club members like family and treat them like gold.
• Provide high-level hospitality services to guests and club members, with one-on-one tasting experiences and personalized attention geared to the specific needs of each party.
• Work with Warehouse Coordinator to understand the flow of product and inventory.
• Monthly inventory count, report, and reconciliation.
• Responsible for opening and closing procedures.
• Keep Wine Direct up to date with current products and inventory count.
• Develop staffing schedules to ensure the tasting room is adequately staffed at all times.
• Communicate the schedule to staff via email and Homebase.
• Manage and maintain proper time and attendance in Homebase.
• Must love people… If you do not consider yourself a people person, this job is not for you.
• Management, leadership, and servanthood.
• General wine knowledge. It is ok if you do not consider yourself a sommelier. Wine is a journey and can be taught. We are after people who love people.
• Must have a good grasp of current technology. You will help us move processes into a digital future.
• Excel, word, Wine Direct (POS)
These are not required but if you have them then we want to know.
• Advanced wine knowledge.
• Sales background.
• Social Media and digital foot print marketing.
Moderate physical activity performing occasional somewhat strenuous activities including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, and carrying. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handles items, and work with the fingers. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 40 lbs. in weight. Clear vision (close and distant) and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for telephone, office, and group conversation.
This can be a very strenuous job at times. You will be on your feet most of the day and weekends will feel like you’re sprinting a better part of the day.
Primarily in a well lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor setting with adequate ventilation. Periods required in an un-heated indoor setting (wine cellar) with changing conditions. Short periods outdoors while conducting tours or moving between buildings. Moderate noise levels typical of public space: music sound system, public conversations, telephones/cell phones, large groups.
You will see very quickly that this is a family owned, tight knit crew. We value hard work, grit, and determination. You will also see that we care deeply and want the best for each other. We seek to serve the interest of each other while also being a bit of a rowdy bunch that has way too much fun. You will find yourself laughing until you cry and you will be pushed to the limit during certain times of the season. Working at a winery is as romanticized as you might think, while at the same time harder than you can imagine… but what else are you going to do with your life? Come write history with us.
Hourly with tips and bonus opportunity