Tasting Room Manager – Zillah, WA
Roza Hills Vineyards, LLC (RHV), the producer of Silver Lake Wines, Roza Hills Vineyard Estate Wines, Brown Box Wines, Orca Wines and Vitis Spirits, is seeking an individual to manage our Zillah winery and Distillery tasting room and on-site bistro. This individual must have the skills and experience required to manage the company’s tasting rooms and bistro, on-site and off-site events, weddings and to assist with wine club and online sales. The qualified candidate must be resourceful, imaginative, entrepreneurial, highly organized, and an efficient leader with a relentless eye for details. We desire a person with an engaging personality who enjoys hospitality and selling wine while managing a team of employees. A background in customer service, and a warm, upbeat, can-do attitude are essential. This position requires weekend and some evening work hours.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Tasting Room Duties:
• Manage and oversee the Company’s winery and distillery tasting room operations in Zillah, WA including its bistro operations.
• Hire, train and supervise all tasting room employees including food serviced personnel
• Coordinate tasting list menus
• Maintain signage including A Boards
• Maintain condition of tasting rooms and outside customer areas
• Assist in the company’s wine club program including the solicitation of new members.
• Oversee, coordinate, staff, and at times attend off-site wine events in Eastern Washington
• Advertise, coordinate and manage on-site events including increase in weddings in Zillah
• Assist in Social Media advertising and postings
• Order tasting room supplies, logo wear and accessories
• Take inventory as required
• Answer phone and convey messages
• Check and distribute mail
• Other duties as required
• BA, BS or related college degree;
Required Knowledge & Experience
• Strong organizational skills including time management and the ability to plan and coordinate work;
• Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing and proofreading
• Strong computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Publisher)
• Familiarity with Cash Register Systems. Orderport, Wine Direct or Vinsuite a plus.
• Must be over 21 years of age
• Must own a smart phone and be available by phone during off hours.
• Must be able to lift and carry a case of wine or spirits (50 lbs)
• Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and some evenings.
Roza Hills Vineyards offers a competitive compensation, rewarding work environment and growth for committed professionals. This position offers no benefits package at this time. We are an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please. Forward your cover letter and resume to apply.