Established in 1982, Montinore Estate is one of the largest producers of certified estate wines made from Biodynamic grapes in the country. With a 200-acre certified Biodynamic and organic estate located in north Willamette Valley in Oregon, we focus on producing superior Pinot Noirs, cool-climate whites, and fascinating Italian varietals. Montinore Estate is a portfolio company of Ackley Beverage Group, a family investment company based in Seattle, WA that provides financial and professional resources to premium artisanal brands throughout Washington and Oregon. In addition to Montinore Estate, Ackley Beverage Group's Oregon portfolio includes Landlines Estates and two other vineyards, as well as Cataclysm Wine Co. based in Washington. With rapid growth and continued brand development, Montinore Estate and Ackley Beverage Group provide an exciting opportunity for an industry professional in a fast-growing company.
We are looking for an experienced Controller to join our exceptional team. Qualified candidates will bring a passion to be a part of an established and growing, fast-paced vineyard and winery environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Montinore Estate’s accounting and compliance operations, including timely preparation of financial statements and budgets, updating and standardizing inventory control and asset lists, and state & federal government compliance.
Additionally, the successful candidate will have a strong work ethic as well as a positive, professional attitude and possess excellent organizational and communication skills with a willingness to take on special projects as required.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Financial governance & month-end close, including strong systems knowledge, P&L, capital and cash flow
• Leading compliance activities related to product and business licenses, Direct To Consumer sales reporting and balance sheet reconciliations
• Coordinating and supervising timely filing of all tax and accounting related forms and reports
• Defining individual financial benchmarks in cooperation with managers and producing regular, standardized analysis reports
• Lead employee training to promote awareness of internal control responsibilities, related regulatory requirements, and fraud detection and prevention.
• Working knowledge of accounting software, accounting principles, and financial analysis.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office.
• Working knowledge of subscription-based POS software.
• Great critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Great time-management skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Great interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across a multi-company organization.
• Sense of ownership and pride in personal performance and its impact on the success of Montinore Estate
• 5+ years of experience in a similar role within the wine industry
• BS in Accounting or Finance