Marketing & Event Coordinator Job Description:
Join a fast-paced trade association that feels like a family business. No job is too big or too small for our dynamic team that passionately educates, communicates, and markets on behalf of the 1,800 grape growers and vineyard owners in Sonoma and Marin Counties.
In September of 2019, Sonoma County Winegrowers announced that they were the most sustainable winegrowing region in the world, fulfilling a 5-year commitment and goal. In addition, they launched the first Climate Adaptation Certification for vineyards in partnership with the California Land Stewardship Institute. This sustainability leadership coupled with multi-generational family farmers and a diversity of winegrapes around the county are the key marketing drivers for promoting Sonoma County on behalf of its 1,800 grape growers.
In addition to the work of the Sonoma County Winegrowers (SCW), there is a management services agreement with the Sonoma County Grape Growers Foundation (SCGGF). SCGGF is the non-profit arm of the Sonoma County Winegrowers and a 501 (c) 3 organization. It has a mission to support local farmworkers and their families in the areas of affordable housing, childcare, education, healthcare, resiliency and recovery and workforce development.
Sonoma County Winegrowers is seeking a proactive, detail oriented and collaborative individual to join our marketing team as a coordinator. As an integral part of the marketing team, the Marketing & Event Coordinator will work with the Marketing Manager to support the branding, promotion and communication of the Sonoma County wine region, our sustainability commitment, the story of our local family farmers and agriculture. This person must love agriculture, family business and wine and believe in the long-term value of preserving our local farms in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Collaborates with Marketing team to develop annual content calendar for print & digital media
• Schedules & posts content to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & LinkedIn
• Drafts email newsletters via MailChimp
• Ensures an authentic and consistent brand voice across marketing materials
• Supports keeping our database in Salesforce & MailChimp up to date
• Organizes ad artwork, coordinates media kits, and calendar for booking ads
• Assists in preparing presentations in PowerPoint for Board Meetings and for local partners & organizations
• Helps maintain & update content on SCW website (WordPress)
• Works with Marketing Manager & PR firm to develop Press Releases and support PR campaigns
• Helps with outreach and communication with guests for our bi-weekly radio show
• Works closely with Marketing Manager on executing California Department of Food & Agriculture grants
• Supports our Sonoma County Grape Growers Foundation through website & program development
• Coordinates logistics for consumer, media & trade events
• Establishes and maintains relationships with vendors and venues
• Experience working and executing events within budget
• Assists in concept development including wine education for events
• Maintains booth, promotional and giveaway materials for events
• Represent & pour wine for the SCW at both local & national events
• Assess an event’s overall success and discuss areas of improvement for next event
• Excellent English language communication skills, Spanish language skills a plus
• Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment and skilled at problem solving
• Time management skills and ability to complete tasks on time
• Passionate about wine, agriculture, and sustainability
• Positive attitude and tenacious
• Availability to travel
• Flexibility to work occasional early mornings, early evenings and Saturdays if needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Marketing, or in another applicable field preferred
Clean driving record and possession of a valid driver's license at the appropriate level including necessary endorsements, as required by the State of California to perform essential job functions of the position. Since we deal with wine, candidates must be 21 years of age or older.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to do everything a typical office worker does which includes use of hands, walking, talking, phone use, etc. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and be to be able to walk in uneven or steep terrain.