Cayuse and Horsepower Vineyards, with the assistance of Express Employment Professionals, is seeking a hands-on Working Vineyard Manager to join the winery's management team and assume all aspects of the viticulture operation. Cayuse and Horsepower Vineyards specialize in Organic/Biodynamic farming and set their sites on quality rather than quantity.
As the Vineyard Manager, you will be in charge of all stages of grape production, organizing, supervising staff and maintaining a budget and assuring compliance with all regulations related to grape production. We are looking for a self-starter with the ability to work as part of a close-knit team, learn quickly and take initiative.
• Willingness to do any and all functions required to operate and maintain the vineyard
• Understanding of vineyard/farm management practices and procedures
• Ability to maintain and repair farm/vineyard equipment
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Monitor and take effective actions related to vineyard and fruit quality with the objective of improving fruit and wine quality, including canopy management, cultivation, pruning, tying, irrigating and harvesting
• Work within assigned budgets
• Select, apply, store, buy and record appropriate pesticides, fungicides and herbicides
• Maintain erosion control, trellis, irrigation, fences and winery grounds, assess and recommend frost protection
• Repair & maintain farm/vineyard equipment
• Maintain and acquire proper tools for all jobs; make sure that workers use the necessary equipment; keep areas clean and orderly; comply with county, state & federal regulations
• Ensure that all necessary equipment is on site and in good operating condition
• Understand and train staff regarding safety procedures and farm policies
• Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with management team
• Degree in viticulture or related field or a minimum of 3 years vineyard/farm experience
• Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Effective computer skills (email, excel, Google Suite)
• Ability to multi-task
• Educational opportunities, PTO and vacation
• Pay is commensurate with experience
To apply, please send an up-to-date resume to Angie at Express. Please do not contact the winery directly, all inquires go through Express.