TITLE: Winery and Facilities Maintenance Mechanic (Lytton Springs)
REPORTS TO: Production Systems & Facilities Mgr.
The Winery and Facilities Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for assisting in keeping the winery running smoothly, including the bottling line. Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on buildings, facilities, equipment, fixtures, and systems. Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains plumbing, mechanical, and electrical systems. This is a “hands on” position. The ideal candidate will have commercial and industrial experience (electrical, plumbing, fabrication, welding, carpentry, etc.), be proactive, well organized, and experienced in overall facility maintenance. Knowledge of bottling operations is desirable.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• PMs, repairs, and troubleshooting services for all winery processing equipment including crusher/destemmers, presses, pumps, filters, etc. including HVAC and refrigeration system, water, wastewater, and compressed air systems
• Proactive maintenance for 1 bottling line, including troubleshooting, changeovers, lubrication, etc.
• Works closely with Winery Operations Manager to implement capital projects to support facility upgrades and expansion
• Participates in safety programs and Cal-OSHA compliance, for all facility systems including fire prevention, confined space, etc.
• Occasionally performs a routine “walk around” inspection of all key winery systems including:
• Water – Wells, pumps, water conditioning equipment, boilers, fire protection system, etc.
• Compressed Air – Compressors, air lines
• HVAC – Heating, cooling, humidity control systems
• Power – Electrical power distribution, backup generators
• Production Equipment – Bottling line, grape crusher, grape press
• Septic & Process Waste – Septic tanks, settling tanks, leach fields, drains, etc.
• Supports continuous improvement opportunities for efficiency, cost savings, safety, security and sustainability
• Works with a “safety first” approach and participates in safety programs
• Works extended hours and additional shifts (including weekends) during harvest
• Performs all related duties as assigned
• BA/AA/ Trade Certificate preferred but not required. High School diploma required
• Skills in electrical, plumbing, and carpentry required
• Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record required
• 2 years’ experience running/maintaining a minimum 60bpm bottling line preferred
• 2-3 years’ experience in winery facility maintenance preferred
• Knowledge of wastewater systems preferred
• Ability to use a computer and Microsoft Office software preferred but not required
• Ability to work outside of normal working hours during harvest and other busy periods as needed
• Ability to conduct work at heights, climb ladders, walk up and down stairs, walk on uneven surfaces, and work in confined spaces, work outdoors during hot and/or
• Ability to lift and carry equipment that weighs up to 60 pounds
• Ability to become Forklift certified
Position is eligible for Medical Insurance (Ridge pays 92% of Kaiser/Anthem premium), free dental and vision insurance, 2 weeks’ paid vacation, 2 weeks’ paid sick leave, 401-K Plan, wine purchase discounts, education assistance program.