Mendocino Wine Company and Parducci Wine Cellars, a family owned winery located in Ukiah, is seeking a Shipping Coordinator to join our team. Parducci Wine Cellars is Mendocino County’s oldest winery, producing legendary wine – expressing both varietal character and terroir – for 89 years. Our Shipping Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all Direct to Consumer (DTC) shipping operations and supporting Warehouse operations as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manages inventory re-stocking of all DTC locations
• Ensures proper warehousing and inventory control procedures are in place. Implements controls to avoid mis-picks and damages
• Provides support for DTC order processing tasks
• Coordinates with other DTC team members to process returns and damage claims
• Organizes and maintains DTC shipping location inventory in a logical, efficient and productive manner
• Responsible for the security and accountability of goods within assigned DTC areas
• Accurately pulls product from assigned locations
• Shares the responsibility of pulling and printing online orders with DTC team
• Direct to Consumer and other UPS order fulfillment (including but not limited to: lab samples, marketing and sales team samples, donations, wine competition submissions, office paperwork, custom client samples) picking, staging and loading of finished goods per Sales Order
• Coordination and preparation of monthly Ecommerce sales and Wine Club shipments
• Provide support for inventory cycle counts as needed
• Verifies all aspects of outbound UPS shipments, ensuring all specifications have been met for compliance. Communicates with the Compliance Department when necessary
• Makes recommendations to management to improve quality of service and increase efficiency of DTC shipping operations
• Reviews daily plans, priorities, and assignments to establish and adjust work schedule to meet DTC shipping work flow
• Communicates promptly all safety, operational, and service issues and concerns to the DTC Director
• Operates and maintains pallet jacks and/or other equipment in a safe and effective manner
• Maintains and orders shipping supplies including shippers, UPS, FedEx, and DHL products
• Supports wholesale warehouse and bottling operations as needed
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or certificate. Prior warehouse or shipping experience preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read, write and converse in fluent English required. Bi-lingual Spanish language skills a plus.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as weight, discounts, percentages, and volume.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in written, electronic, mathematical or diagram form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Computer applications utilized include Microsoft Office Suite, Wine Direct, AMS, UPS WorldShip, Ship Compliant and Point of Sale Software
• Must have the ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of direct to consumer alcohol shipping laws preferred
• Prior wine industry experience preferred
• Valid California Driver’s License required
• Forklift experience required
• Candidate must be 21 years of age
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds and operate a forklift and pallet jack. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hot and cold work environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but occasionally high depending on the warehouse location.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: MWC is a small, fast paced, family owned entrepreneurial company. The ability to work in a fast paced work environment with all levels of personalities within the organization is required. This position requires the ability to be a team player who is also able to act independently with a minimum amount of supervision. The ability to be solution oriented with excellent follow through skills is essential in this position.
Regular work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, overtime as needed. Work hours are subject to adjustment based on work necessity, specifically October, November, December high shipment months. Occasional weekend work may be required.
Mendocino Wine Company offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package!