Hired individuals are eligible for $200 retention bonus after successful completion of 120 day introductory period!
We have an open part-time, weekend (Saturdays and Sundays) position available for a friendly, service and sales-minded individual to join our outstanding sales team! We offer a competitive hourly rate, tip line, sales commissions, and a generous employee discount.
The Tasting Room Sales Associate is responsible for providing the front line guest experience by developing relationships that promote the sale of wine and wine club memberships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects managements’ definition of the essential functions for this job, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
• Ensures that all guests are greeted immediately upon entry to the tasting room and provided with experiences that build brand loyalty.
• Communicates in a knowledgeable, professional and gracious manner to all guests who visit Matrix Winery.
• Maintains the physical setting to reinforce standards of the brand by ensuring that all displays of wine products are appealing and well maintained.
• ID guests to ensure each is of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Serves samples of wine for guests in both individual and group settings.
• Shares appropriate information and educates guests about Matrix wines, brand history and sister wineries.
• Promotes the sale of wine products in the tasting room, pursues sales opportunities and encourages customers to purchase Matrix wines and join the wine club.
• Accurately completes end-of-the-day reports, reconciles daily sales and posts transactions.
• Demonstrates personal accountability in following all company policies and procedures.
• Performs opening and closing procedures, which includes but is not limited to the items listed on the Opening/Closing Checklist.
• Maintains cleanliness by performing various housekeeping duties inside the tasting room, rest rooms and the surrounding grounds.
• Maintains physical inventory of merchandise items and restocks wine in the tasting room as needed.
• Ensures that the tasting menu is accurate and up-to-date.
• Demonstrates initiative and willingness to work events and special projects.
• Works closely with the DTC Sales Manager, Wine Club Coordinator and Lead Tasting Room Associate.
• Performs business to business outreach – by phone, email and in person.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must be fluent in English. Bi-lingual preferred.
• First-hand knowledge, appreciation for and passion regarding wine and wine-related topics.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Tasting room sales experience preferred.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to present product, up sell & cross sell preferred.
• Interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills a must.
• Computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, social media, point-of-sale applications and Wine Direct preferred.
• Must be able to work weekends, holidays, events and extended hours.
• Able to work as part of a team and maintain a positive demeanor.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Tasting room sales experience preferred.
• Safe beverage service certificate preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working primarily in a tasting room environment. Work will be performed outdoors at times, during events. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. Events may have a higher level of noise at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be performed by an employee to successfully carry out the essential functions of the Tasting Room Sales Associate position. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively with guests and team members.
• The employee is regularly required to use arms, hands and fingers to operate a register, telephone, open, smell, taste and pour wine, perform opening and closing duties and various housekeeping tasks.
• The employee must be able to hear/listen, speak, taste and smell.
• The employee must be able to accurately key information into our POS system.
• The employee is frequently required to stand, move, and walk for prolonged periods of time.
• The employee must be able to lift/move/carry 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
• The employee may occasionally be required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.