Soter Vineyards is a world-class producer and grower of exceptional Pinot Noir and sparkling wine in Oregon’s Willamette Valley. We call home Mineral Springs Ranch, a 240-acre oak savanna in the Yamhill-Carlton AVA. This is where our Biodynamic Estate Vineyard, winery, tasting room, and heirloom vegetable farm exist in ecological harmony.
Title: HOSPITALITY LEAD
Department: Direct to Consumer (DTC)
SUCCESS OF THIS POSITION
Mastering the ‘art of hospitality’ is at the core of this position. You will host guests in semi-private tastings and sell wine via educational and relationship-based experiences. Knowledge of daily operations, promotions and protocols will help you be successful in this position. Mastery of our wines, vineyard holdings, and philosophical practices will yield higher success in this role. Having knowledge of and a penchant to learn more about professional service etiquette and culinary offerings will increase your efficacy as a Hospitality Lead. Willingness to help with tasks and projects outside the normal scope of your job with enthusiasm will augment growth opportunities within this position.
• Conduct all manner of private wine tastings, VIP experiences, and any consumer-focused events, large and small; tactfully encourage wine club enrollment and wine sales, and collect customer data
• Omni-channel wine sales: sales strategies include email, phone, web and in-person sales
• Execute guest follow up emails, calls, and postcards promptly when needed
• Oversee and/or execute opening and closing procedures which may include building maintenance, cleaning, organization and inventory
• Maintain and uphold all safety and sanitization protocols
• Work weekends, holidays and some evenings
• Food Handlers certification required
• OLCC service permit required
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
• Must be able to work outside during the warm and cold months
• Pets live in and around the buildings and property
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND TRAITS
• Warm, personable demeanor
• Embrace a diverse and inclusive environment
• Flexible and adaptable with the ability to multi-task
• Self-motivated and professional
Our training is typically a 2-week period but may be extended or shortened by Manager’s discretion. Completion of training is defined by the ability to fill this role confidently and independently with Manager’s approval.