Mendocino Wine Company and Parducci Wine Cellars, a family owned winery located in Ukiah, is seeking an Associate Marketing Manager to join our team. Parducci Wine Cellars is Mendocino County’s oldest winery, producing legendary wine – expressing both varietal character and terroir – for 89 years. Mendocino Wine Company’s Associate Marketing Manager assists the Marketing Director in developing and maintaining consumer and trade marketing materials, brand online presence and project management. The role provides support for ongoing sales initiatives in the domestic market and international as needed. This is a collaborative cross-functional position working with Sales, Finance, Operations, Winemaking, Hospitality, DTC, outside vendors and customers to achieve collective company goals. Responsibilities will focus on marketing to distributor, trade and consumer audiences. Duties will cross over into other areas from time to time as needed to best manage the business.
Consumer and Trade Brand Execution (30%)
• Work with the Marketing Director to communicate and ensure appropriate representation of the company’s brand portfolio and corporate brand identity.
• Lead and manage the creation of marketing and sales support materials from design through production and re-orders, including but not limited to retail and on premise point of sale, sell sheets, tasting notes, and digital assets.
• Develop and implement promotional program calendars for key brands in partnership with Marketing Director and VP of Sales, assisting with the creation and implementation of the brand plan programs.
• Assist Marketing Director with development and presentation of marketing programs to sales team, new employees, customer audiences and other internal departments, including key account presentations requested by key sales managers.
• Manage coupon programs, IRC/MIR and Scans, from inception to completion, including design, printing, shipping, tracking and coding.
• Assist with development of collateral for the tasting room (e.g. complementary tasting cards), providing guidance and ensuring brand standards carry over into tasting room tools.
Creation & Maintenance of Brand Assets (30%)
• Manage, maintain and keep organized consumer and trade marketing assets in company’s central marketing repository including electronic (mechanical) artwork files, library of labels, point of sale designs, photography etc.
• Develop and update marketing materials, including wine fact sheets, sell sheets and sales presentations in support of the brand strategies and wholesale programming.
• Maintenance and updating of digital assets on trade site and shared drive including audits, updating vintage transitions of wine notes, wine labels, bottle shots, labels etc.
• Assist with development and maintenance of brand presentations and annual brand plan presentations.
• Create brand selling tools, digital assets and point of sale using Adobe design software and through management of external vendors and designers.
• Oversee timely updating of tasting note vintage transitions in partnership with winemaking and operations.
Public Relations (10%)
• Coordinate PR and wine sampling initiatives and maintain database of submissions, scores and reviews. Coordinate with office manager for shipping of wines to publications.
• Scan publications for accolades, recording and consolidating information. Ensure high profile reviews, comments and articles get shared with MWCo team and ratings POS remains up to date.
• Work with Marketing Director to develop PR pitch list and calendar, including assisting with drafting press releases and outreach to writers.
Social Media/Web (15%)
• Audit and maintain website ensuring site is current with brand assets and content up to date; update site and/or communicate changes and provide assets to outside designer where necessary.
• Oversee updating and maintenance of trade site, removing obsolete items and providing current materials (e.g. tech sheets, shelf talkers, accolades, brag sheets) to graphic/web support vendor for updating.
• Assist with the development of social media calendar and content creation, maintaining schedule for postings, and liaising with sales team to incorporate relevant regional activities into social media calendar.
• Oversee and maintain online presence and asset database on distributor platforms, online shopping platforms and 4th tier channel. Regularly audit platforms and update content.
Report and Recap Analysis (10%)
• Research and analyze market data to provide competitive insights, competitive market sets and overall market intelligence.
• Assist Marketing Director in analyzing programs effectiveness, sales trends, and market opportunities. Help develop the measurements for success for marketing initiatives and manage program tracking.
• Provide monthly recaps on MIR/IRC and scan programs to Marketing Director and VP of Sales helping to ensure effective spend of programs.
• Ensure timely processing of invoices, managing and tracking purchase orders related to marketing and monitoring brand budgets.
• Stay abreast of inventory positions and communicate status to sales team where applicable to upcoming programming and vintage transitions.
• Events & Meetings: Assist in the preparation of the National Sales meetings as needed and high profile regional events.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: BA/BS degree required, Marketing or Business discipline emphasis preferred. Wine knowledge helpful. Requires a minimum of 5 years previous work experience, showing demonstrated progression in skills and level of responsibility, with focus in the areas of consumer marketing and customer program development.