As a privately-held, family-run wine company for over 100 years, and today run by a female CEO and family proprietor, Banfi Vintners is a close-knit group of people who take pride in the company's history of success. With over 1/3 of its employees at 10 or more years of experience within the company, Banfi functions as a dynamic team working closely with active family proprietors to maintain and build on this success.
Banfi offers an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as the opportunity for further advancement. The company has a strong policy of promoting from within to fill new and vacated positions, but also attracts highly qualified individuals from various sides of the industry. The friendly atmosphere, stellar reputation, and broad-based portfolio of quality wines make the people at Banfi thrive.
This position is responsible for the sales and development of Banfi Vintners portfolios of products in the National retail chain accounts in designated regions while establishing plans and strategies to meet and exceed company growth goals. This position also requires the individual to work within a Team environment with multiple Departments to include Marketing, Customer Service, and a Category Wine Analyst. This is to help identify business solutions and selling opportunities that deliver Category results for the assigned Accounts and our portfolios.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and develop specific strategies to implement brand goals including analysis of detailed chain business and recommend resource allocation for maximum depletion results.
• Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the assigned markets that ensures attainment of company sales goals.
• Create and introduce company brand programs and strategies to national retail chain accounts.
• Communicate and organize national chain authorizations, pricing, and promotions in conjunction with district and regional managers.
• Identify and target case goals set by the Director of National Accounts for specific brands, and retail chain accounts.
• Responsible for utilizing Approved chain pricing and promotions that crosses district or Regional markets using guidelines developed by the Brand Directors.
• Call on National, regional chain accounts at headquarters and locally in conjunction with direct reports, distributor managers or independently.
• Have superior knowledge of Banfi products, wine industry, competitive markets, category management, brands, and customers’ issues and internal business needs.
• Time divided between Sales calls, market surveys, and local trade involvement to include training; wholesaler concentration (in market or at wholesaler); category management, administrative, planning and follow-up.
50% Chain Account Calls and account related activities
15% Working with the Marketing Teams for specific Promotions.
15% Admin, category management, Sales Planning and Follow-up
10% Distributor Communication and direction on Key programming
10% Customer development and trade events
• Develop Chain Marketing programs and Events that are Consumer Driven. Work directly with the internal customers to design market specific solutions for team and individual accounts.
• Create a Monthly rhythm with Key Customers and Distributor National Account managers with your Divisional area of responsibility.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• Successful wine/alcoholic beverage sales management experience with chain accounts.
• 3+ years Previous Management Experience
• 5+ years of successfully managing and directing a CPG sales team, preferably Adult Beverage.
• An accredited four-year college degree and equivalent work experience enabling the incumbent to perform job responsibilities as required.
• A Minimum of 5 years calling on National or Regional Accounts with multiple State Responsibility.
• Good written and oral communication skills. Incumbent must possess the ability to develop and provide all necessary written reports, business correspondence and presentations necessary.
• Ability to have fluent knowledge of PC, working within MS Office. Nielsen/IRI information experience required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to use their hands and eyes for PC use; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The incumbent is required to stand; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch; see, taste and smell wine products. The employee must be aware that the job involves distribution of alcohol beverages and recognizes that the company in no way encourages excessive or unnecessary drinking of alcoholic beverages while exercising the duties of this job. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds at a time, the approximate weight of a case of wine.
• Overnight travel required and is based on Divisional area of responsibility, Team and HQ meetings and Trade events.
• Must be able to meet a minimum requirement travel schedule for assigned territories.
• Current valid driver’s license
• Good time-management skills
• No DWI offenses or drug use.
• Residency required in the Orange County and surrounding area of Southern California.
• Must use for business a clean, recent model, presentable and fully operational 4 door vehicle that reflects professionalism.