Responsible for filing necessary applications and communicating with federal and state governmental agencies relating to licensing, registration and approval of beverage alcohol products imported and/or distributed by Winebow.
• Product registration for federal TTB requirements.
• Maintain compliance status; make pricing adjustments when appropriate.
• Submit to the states' ABC: brand registrations, brand renewals, and brand changes as necessary.
• Prepare copy for publication in the official monthly Beverage Journal to comply with state regulations.
• Respond to compliance questions from suppliers and internal staff.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with the state regulatory offices, the company's domestic and foreign suppliers, portfolio staff, sales staff and direct team members.
• Determine which labels should be submitted for registration, request check fees and submit the required materials to the states.
• Assist in coordinating brand transfers and inventory buyback.
• Maintain master files of brand registrations.
• Assist management with special projects as may arise.
• Meet agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Arrive to work, appointments, meetings, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Maintain files, check brand names, availability and brand ownership.
• Conduct Internet and Legal Research as necessary.
• Provide support to Senior Vice President/General Counsel as required.
• Follow all safety policies and procedures; communicates hazards and/or suggests improvements to manager.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Overtime work may be required, normal office environment. Position based in company headquarters in Glen Allen, VA.
Telephone, fax machine, copier, computer, calculator, scanner
Lifting up to 40 lbs., bending, sitting, standing, manual dexterity, reaching, visual acuity.
• College Degree Preferred; or a combination or College/Work Experience.
• Minimum three years' experience in a regulated environment or 1-year experience with a regulatory compliance company.
• Paralegal experience a plus.
• Proficiency in MS Office. Photoshop experience preferred.
• Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.