The Senior Cellar Worker is a responsible, experienced winery worker whose skills include operating crossflow filtration, centrifuges, harvest presses work assignments to include racking wine, wine treatments and blending of juice and wine. Sanitizing tanks, hoses, pipelines, and general cleaning. Train other employees. Ideal candidates will have prior cellar experience or related production experience. This is a full time, day and/or swing shift position
* Able to read, understand and complete paperwork efficiently and accurately.
* Responsible for racking and blending wine accurately according to Winemaker's instructions.
* Responsible for barrel washing, gassing, stacking with forklift and barrel topping and SO2 addition.
* Operate crush equipment and presses (with moderate supervision)
* Operates and cares for other moderately complex cellar equipment.
* Performs pump overs and punch downs and appropriately directs less skilled crew members in assisting with those tasks.
* Harvest additions including yeasting, nutrients.
* Handles shipping and receiving of tanker trucks.
* Proficient forklift operations.
* Responsible for barrel racking, washing, stacking barrels with forklift, barrel topping and operating barrel scanners.
* Ensure compliance with Safety rules and procedures,
* Participate in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), programs.
* Train employees in proper work procedures, sustainability, and safety
* Responsible for sanitation in all areas of cellar and barrel operations
* May direct and train less skilled workers.
* Monitor Inventory supply levels in the cellar,
* Participate in weekly tailgates sessions.
* Safety-follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies
* Maintain a safe, clean, and healthful work environment at all times.
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Must be 21 years or older at time of hire.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 5+ years of general winery experience in a production or manufacturing environment preferred.
* Must have experience in all aspects of crush work including previous barrel experience.
* Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand instructions in English.
* Ability to multitask, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on quality, accuracy, and timeliness.Must be flexible with shift schedule.
* Operation of basic hand tools
* Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record.
* Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities.
* Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations, operating procedures, and company policies.
* Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels.
* Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions.
* Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain.
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in a production environment.
* Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 60 pounds at varying frequencies with equipment.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.