Working at Ernest Vineyards
At Ernest, we give everyone the opportunity to create, progress, and lead with the absolute best in cutting edge tools, technology, training, and education. We thrive in a responsible environment, where everyone is united by the ambition to share the beauty of our region, to shepherd the purest expression of the grape, the terroir, and the vintage, and to preserve the planet. On our team, we each bring different viewpoints, cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and we are united by our mission to work as one working by these principles.
• Smart: We possess the intellect needed to innovate and execute
• Spirited: We have boundless energy and passion for our work and life
• Confident: We bring a can-do attitude to get the job done
• Open-Minded: We are open to alternative approaches and types of people
• Fun: We laugh and learn together
Please submit an application to join a young company with ambitious growth plans. Currently overseeing 18 acres of leased vineyards and sourcing from many other vineyards throughout the North Coast, the candidate will help develop expansion. This role will take the lead in day-to-day operations of existing relationships and work with the team in developing more. The chosen candidate will enjoy getting his or her hands dirty and participating in all aspects of vineyard operations from the ground up. To be successful, the vineyard manager must be a hard-working multi-tasker and skilled at supervising other vineyard workers and crews.
Applicant must have sound farming experience in producing premium wine grapes and possess the ability to plan, schedule, implement and execute all viticulture activities as they relate to growing premium wine grapes in Northern California. Experience in Organic farming is a plus. Curiosity in BD and Regenerative Ag, is another plus. Experience in machine operation is preferred.
Candidate must possess the ability to legally drive in the United States of America, a valid passport and preferably a qualified applicators license or equivalent.
Qualifications & Responsibilities
• Minimum 5 years of farming experience
• Bachelor's degree in Agriculture is a plus
• Ability to manage multiple crews
• Implement canopy management strategies
• Pest and disease monitoring
• Conduct crop estimates
• Irrigation Management
• Project Management
• Capable of being a liaison between crews & office staff
• Understanding of vineyard/farm management practices and procedures
• Mechanical aptitude and general farm equipment operation experience
• Willingness to perform any and all functions required to operate the vineyard
• Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills
• Must have strong computer skills and good communication via email, text,, phone calls
• Promote a safe work environment, will be responsible to conduct safety training and observe that all regulations are followed.
• A strong and proven work ethic. Independent and self-motivated
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
• Proficient in Spanish
• Valid Drivers License, Passport
• Ability to lift up to 60lbs.