Hall family of wines is looking for a Wine Educator for our WALT tasting room in Sonoma. WALT is owned by the Hall family, whose reputation for outstanding wines and hospitality is far-reaching. WALT makes world class Pinot Noirs & Chardonnays from premier vineyards across the Pacific Coast.
The Wine Educator is responsible for hosting visitors to the WALT tasting room for tours & tastings, and educating guests on our story, and wines in order to sell wine, acquire new wine club members, and create ambassadors to the brand.
You are a team player passionate about hospitality, sales & wine! You enjoy making presentations, entertaining, and interacting with guests. You are professional, articulate, friendly, patient and wired for service. You enjoy anticipating and responding to even the unexpressed wishes and needs of our guests. You are a brand champion who is committed to providing the finest personal service and maintaining our facilities in order to create a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambiance.
You are successful at wine sales, wine club acquisitions, and building lasting relationships, which will distinguish WALT in people’s hearts and minds. You feel responsible for representing WALT in a professional manner and protecting all of the assets of the company. You are a supportive team player who will do whatever it takes to get the job completed well and with integrity. You have a contagious enthusiasm for wine country and our wines.
You are flexible and able to work weekends and holidays. You are also available to work in Napa or Sonoma as needed.
* Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 40 pounds at varying frequencies
* Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, hand trucks, dishwashers etc.
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
We offer a competitive compensation package at above market standards- For Wine Educators we offer a base hourly wage, plus commission on sales and wine club acquisitions. Full time employees enjoy Health insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision), paid vacation, paid volunteer work, 401k, a generous bi-annual wine allocation and employee discount.
About HALL Family Wines:
• HALL, WALT and BACA produce critically acclaimed Cabernet Sauvignons, Pinot Noirs and Zinfandels that stand among the best in the world. We are deeply committed to the production of exceptional wines that are reflections of the land from which the grapes are grown. We are proud leaders in sustainability, having built the first LEED Gold winery in California, in addition to our 11 certified sustainable (CCWA) Estate vineyards.
• At HALL Family Wines, we strive to do the right thing, to follow responsible business practices and to give back to our communities. We believe in the philosophy of leaving the world better than we found it, a philosophy we have been putting into action for 50 years, both in business and through our family Foundation, established in 1977.
• Hall Wines is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, veteran or disability status.
If values and community responsibility are important factors for you in choosing a place to work, if you enjoy working in an environment that prizes creativity, and if you hold yourself to a high standard of excellence in your job performance, this position may be a good fit for you.