Planters Ridge Winery, a premium artisanal winery in the Annapolis of Nova Scotia is seeking a passionate career minded individual to join our team as Vineyard Manager/Viticulturist. We have two vineyard sites with just over 20 acres under cultivation growing both vinifera and hybrid varietals.
The successful candidate will bring:
• Formal education and training in viticulture practices (advanced degree or diploma from a recognized program)
• 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory vineyard position
• Proven ability to develop and lead a vineyard team
• Experienced in the operation and maintenance of all farm equipment.
• Fluency in English language (Both written and spoken)
• Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, work permit or other Canadian immigration status allowing the candidate to be employed in the position
• Knowledge of soils, drainage, nutrient management, insects, weed management, canopy management and crop harvesting and handling
• Apply precision viticulture to optimize vineyard performance
• Working Manager who will supervise and develop vineyard team
• Maintain spray and production documentation
• All vineyard tasks including (but not limited to) agrichemical applications, pest and disease control, winter pruning, soil and yield management, vine nutrition and canopy management
• Support the winery in evaluating suppliers of grapes from other vineyards and maintaining quality control of grapes supplied by third parties
• Management of landscaping and horticulture of the winery property
• Assisting the winemaker during harvest and bottling
This job involves working outside in all weather conditions and requires a large amount of physical labour. During the busy-times of harvest and bottling, the individual must display flexibility regarding the possibility of a temporary work schedule outside standard operational hours.
This job is full-time and year-round. Competitive salary and benefits offered based on experience.