The Operations & Administration Manager is responsible for the effective management of Farm Collective’s (Tank Garage Winery and James Cole Winery) business and administrative operations. Key areas of responsibility administrative tasks, accounting and insurance support, alcohol compliance, business licensing/operations, property management, and assisting with special projects and HR administration.
The ideal candidate for this role is highly organized, flexible, independent, and comfortable wearing many hats and shifting gears quickly.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Ensure timely and accurate processing of payables, receivables, and company payroll.
2. Partner with managers in all departments to support their staffing, scheduling, and operational needs.
3. Oversee alcohol compliance including licensing, reporting, and labeling needs, working closely with a third-party compliance firm. Conduct accurate data entry for all new wines in online shipping and fulfillment platforms to ensure order fluidity.
4. Create company policies and documents. Maintain company records and personnel files.
5. Oversee safety programs and initiatives, including IIPP, safety training, and quarterly worksite inspections.
6. Work with consulting party to implement HR initiatives and projects.
7. Manage various other licensing and/or reporting needs with county, state or federal agencies and compliance programs (i.e., city business licenses, special event permits, storm water program compliance, licensing for trucking and transportation).
8. Review, sort and distribute company mail to ensure action items are handled timely.
9. Serve as primary point of contact with insurance and benefit brokers. Manage workers compensation claims when needed.
10. Enhance operational efficiency by identifying opportunities for process improvements and/or cost savings.
11. Review contracts and service agreements (grape purchase agreements, vendor contracts, etc.) on behalf of the business.
12. Provide property management support (maintenance/service/inspections).
13. Send company announcements and communications.
14. Provides notarial services for the company as needed.
15. Order supplies and equipment for office, tasting rooms and winemaking as needed.
16. Assist winemaking and marketing when needed.
17. Remain up-to-date on changing policies and best practices that may impact the business.
18. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in office management.
2. Strong technical skills with computers, particularly Microsoft Office, timekeeping/payroll systems, and Adobe Acrobat. Ability to adopt new programs and systems quickly.
3. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Ability to work independently and to make decisions with good judgement.
6. Detail oriented, with a commitment to excellence and high standards.
7. Strong skills with math, data and statistics.
8. Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with other team members across all departments and locations of the business.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to handle personnel matters with sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy.
10. Flexible schedule including ability to work weekends, holidays, evenings and special events as needed.
11. Able to lift up to 50 pounds (case of wine) on an occasional basis.
12. Age 21 years or older.
13. Must have own transportation, a valid driver’s license, and be insurable. Ability and willingness to travel to various company locations within Napa Valley.
14. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods.
1. California Notary.
2. Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator.
3. Prior experience within the wine industry.
4. Experience with HR/staffing processes and basic understanding of California employment law.