Joseph Phelps Vineyards is a family-owned, luxury winery business with two locations: St. Helena and Freestone California. Our vision is to build and inspire to be the best we can be. We strive for excellence while growing our business and people; remaining respectful to our history, legacy, land and each other.
Joseph Phelps Vineyards is seeking an Assistant Hospitality Manager who is responsible for the daily execution of hospitality operations to ensure the perfect experience for each visitor.
Come join this dynamic team and become part of the JPV family!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in the direct hiring, training, personnel development, cross-training of employees.
• Functions as the “Manager on Duty” with full supervisory and disciplinary responsibility to address daily needs.
• Collaborates with Management to develop daily schedules.
• Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
• Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
• Responsible for daily execution of Hospitality Operations to ensure the perfect experience for each visitor.
• Enforces all JPV Hospitality policies.
• Coordinates with Reservations Team for staffing of Exceptional Wine Experiences, Limited Exceptional Wine Experiences, Private Tastings, and Culinary Events.
• Actively engages with guests to gauge effectiveness and quality of programs, tastings and experience.
• Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and its wines.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Two to four years related experience.
• Knowledge of wines and wine production.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, margins, percentages, gross and net sales, cost of goods, etc.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels and the public.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and groups.
• Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating direct reports.
• Proficient on Excel, Word, AMS and Outlook preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Walk and stand for prolonged periods
• Speak before groups of people
• Understand and respond to a diverse population
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401(k) retirement plan, employee wine discount, tuition reimbursement, educational scholarships for dependent children and a few other perks.
Joseph Phelps Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.