SPARKLING OPERATOR, CELLAR - CALIFORNIA
We're the producers, creators and marketers of beer, wine and spirits brands that people love. At Constellation Brands, we're driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver products and experiences that resonate now, tomorrow and well into the future. Because of this approach, we're the fastest-growing large CPG company in the U.S. at retail, with operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. Our premium portfolio of iconic brands like Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim Crawford, Robert Mondavi, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka, High West Whiskey, and more drive industry-leading growth for us today. But we're just getting started. Our ability to stay on the forefront of consumer trends has fueled our success since our founding in 1945 and will guide us in creating the next generation of products and experiences Worth Reaching For.
The Sparkling Cellar Operator position tends to the day-to-day operation of the Sparkling Cellar Equipment. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. This position relies on a small cohesive team to work together to efficiently supply the packaging team with product week after week in order to keep up with the bottling schedule.
* Under moderate supervision, performs basic, routine Cellar and Barrel Room tasks including but not limited to: cleaning and sanitizing Cellar fittings, hoses, fixed process lines, tanks, barrels, and grape and wine processing equipment.
* Wine movements - set-up and movement of wine and juice to and from tanks, barrels, and tanker trucks.
* Make additions to wine based on pre-determined calculations.
* Operate pumps, hoists, and other Cellar equipment.
* Understand and be an active participant in the 7S program. (Sort, Set in order, Standardize, Sweep, Sustain, Safety, and Stop).
* Measure and calculate routine workplace data.
* Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable, and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results.
* Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety.
* Operate high pressure equipment; crossflows, heat exchangers and chillers.
* High School Diploma/ GED
* Minimum of 6 months of winery production experience
* Must be able to work various shifts and overtime as needed
* Must be able to operate machinery
* Must know how to use hand tools
* Must possess basic math skills
* Must be able to use meters
* Basic computer data entry skills
* Previous champagne/sparkling experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be able to stand, walk, sit
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
* Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
* Climb or balance stairs/ladders
* Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
* Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
* Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive a car and travel via plan/train as needed
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climates
* Works on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes, and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).