We are looking for a creative thinker-someone who is driven to succeed and drive new business to our growing Coyote Sonoma brand. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is ready to take on more responsibility and is able to grow the Coyote Sonoma brand. The Assistant Manager is responsible for meeting or exceeding monthly sales goals, growing our wine club, and creating synergy between the restaurant and the tasting room.
We offer a hiring bonus of $400 after a 90-day introductory period, competitive base, commissions, and a robust benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, FSA, 401k, and a generous employee discount!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with the Sales Manager to ensure the tasting room meets or exceeds sales & wine club membership goals
• Supervise and mentor tasting room staff to ensure they are properly trained on all aspects of their job duties and responsibilities
• Perform all duties associated with the successful operation of the tasting room
• Account for daily sales and bank deposits
• Ensure that we have the proper level of staffing
• Lead staff meetings
• Prepare performance appraisals
• Plan and execute special events
• Prepare email campaigns, event budgets and event reporting
• Run wine club shipments
• Plan and execute ad-hoc sales campaigns as needed for special SKU’s
• Database management: Ensure the email distribution contacts list and customer database are current and up-to-date. Manage bounced emails and reach out to customers for updated contact and/or payment information
• Complete quarterly cycle counts of tasting room merchandise
• Ensure supplies, merchandise and food items are ordered and fully stocked on a weekly basis
• Run general errands for event set-up, supply needs, cash drops and bank change
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Must possess a valid California driver’s license, insured, reliable transportation and an acceptable driving record
• Must be at least 21 years old
• First-hand knowledge, appreciation of and passion for wine and wine-related topics
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak confidently in groups and on a one-on-one basis
• Exceptional sales and customer service skills
• Ability to present product, up sell and cross sell
• Strong interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, social media and point-of-sale applications
• Database management and data entry skills
• Must be available to work weekends, evenings, events, overtime and occasional holidays
• Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
• Must be able to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of three years of same or similar experience in the wine industry
• High School diploma or GED
Fluent in English. Bi-lingual preferred. Ability to communicate in a professional and effective manner in both written and oral formats.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
Ability to analyze information, effectively problem-solve and make sound decisions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid class C driver license and an acceptable driving record.
Possess or have the ability to successfully complete TIPS or RBS certification.
Possess or have the ability to successfully complete Safe Food Handler certification.
Intermediate or higher Microsoft Office Suite skills, database management, web, social media and operation of a POS system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be performed by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made, if available, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to plan, coordinate and execute multiple projects and tasks. The employee is regularly required to use arms, hands and fingers to lift/move/carry open and pour wine, operate standard office equipment, perform various housekeeping duties, inventory, etc. Must be able to hear, listen, speak, taste and smell. The employee is frequently required to stand, move and walk for prolonged periods of time. The employee must be able to lift/move/carry 50 pounds on a regular basis, including but not limited to: cases of wine and patio furniture. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a combination of a tasting room and outdoor patio environment. Travel to offsite events may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. Events may have higher level of noise at times.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.