The eCommerce Web Designer is a creative, results-oriented individual who has proven experience bringing brands to life online and selling direct-to-consumer. This role is all about designing and coding for multiple email marketing programs primarily working with MailChimp and supporting design needs across our portfolio of websites (WordPress/Commerce7), including digital/social support. The ideal candidate possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and is passionate about consumer journey and user-experience. The eCommerce Web Designer will be responsible for taking design briefs from concept to delivery. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, collaborate with team members, adjust designs to feedback from key stakeholders, meet tight deadlines and design within brand guidelines, supporting multiple brands. We are actively seeking someone who will roll up their sleeves and lead with a blend of expertise, innovation and a smart approach to problem solving.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Develop and execute creative concepts to support an enhanced consumer experience across our direct-to-consumer websites, email and social platforms.
• Partner with the team to deliver against aggressive email marketing program growth goals.
• Design online content including landing pages, weekly emails, ad units and other website elements that support eCommerce acquisition, conversion, retention and revenue plans.
• Translate designs into HTML/CSS content that meets W3C standards.
• HTML coding and development for Email using responsive design and email coding best practices.
• Create variations of content for segmentation, A/B testing and global use.
• Balance numerous projects to meet ongoing tight deadlines.
• Adhere to brand standards and web style guides to ensure each brand maintains its unique visual identity and design aesthetic.
• Coordinate design direction with key stakeholders across eCommerce, tasting rooms, direct-to-consumer, creative services, brand marketing, IT and vendor partners.
• Optimize web graphics to ensure maximum download speed while maintaining high visual quality.
• Maintain organized archive of ongoing design projects for later reference.
• Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic/web design and direct-to-consumer experience required.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience is preferred.
• Strong skills with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver & InDesign.
• Wordpress experience and the ability to navigate eCommerce platforms are required. Commerce7 experience is a plus.
• Fluency with current HTML5/CSS3 coding standards & proficiency with responsive design.
• Fluency with current email coding standards; experience with MailChimp is required.
• Strong understanding of U/X and design best practices as they relate to website and mobile experiences.
• Experience with web graphic optimization techniques.
• Knowledge of technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for mobile and desktop.
• Understanding of cross-browser compatibility and troubleshooting.
• Ability to self-manage projects, multi-task, and meet hard deadlines.
• Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
• Experience in the wine industry is preferred but not required.
• Remote Opportunity or an Office environment.
• Extensive computer work.
• May be required to work at any of TFE's locations.
• Frequent deadline pressures.
• Numerous projects in progress at any given time.
• Comply with company safety regulations.