Medlock Ames produces world-class wines from 100% estate-grown, organic grapes from the Bell Mountain Vineyard which straddles Alexander Valley and the Russian River Valley. Our 55 acres of vineyards are farmed organically and the winemaking is powered by solar energy. Dedicated to sustainability, the preservation of the land is at the core of all we do, which comes through in our award-winning wines. Our tasting room and ranch are both located in Healdsburg.
This is a dynamic role, with potential for growth, for an intellectually-curious individual looking to expand their experience in the wine industry. You will wear several hats and touch all aspects of our operations as a key business partner working closely with the President. This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week that will manage financial management, compliance and financial operations along with HR and administrative duties to support the finance and sales functions of our growing company. Being a team player and problem-solver who is highly organized is a must.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following, but not limited to:
• Monitor cash needs; manage all cash transactions well as all credit card statements.
• Manage all Accounts Payable including all invoice approvals, processing and reconciliations. Provide insight to improvement across cost centers and manage negotiations to reduce contractual spends.
• Oversee all Accounts Receivable including invoicing for wholesale distribution & custom crush. Prepare bank deposits and make weekly bank runs
• Oversee payroll system and ensure all payroll is made accurately and timely including tracking of PTO, payroll taxes and submissions, and any applicable deductions.
• Support wine costing analysis and ensure it flows through all financial systems and reports
• Maintain EOM financials, sales performance, and other reports that support our ability to quickly and effectively manage all aspects of our business.
• Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements
• Partner with Winemaking and Vineyard Management team to ensure accurate development of COGS that then and flow through all our systems for profitability reporting and analysis
• Provide data-driven insights to business performance along with recommendations so we can continually grow and improve our sales, financials, and operations.
General HR and Business Support
• Oversee HR compliance and support team with all aspects of HR management, not limited to: maintaining confidential employee files, new hire onboarding, benefit administration, annual reviews and employee termination.
• Manage all employee on-boarding and off-boarding activities and requirements
• Maintain a positive and productive working environment by ensuring all employee’s HR needs are addressed in a timely fashion
• Support the President in creating and maintaining annual departmental budgets along with evaluating and renewing all benefits programs annually
• Manage all business supply requirements for offices, winery, and tasting room
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of broad financial experience with a minimum of 2 years in financial analysis and operations
• BA or higher degree in Accounting or Business Administration
• Must be highly organized and able to work in a multi-task environment
• Understanding of General Accounting Practices and budget experience a plus but not required.
• Quick Books system experience a plus but not required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to prioritize, problem solve, and work independently.
• Flexible and team-player attitude with a desire to work in a growing and changing environment
• Wine industry experience is a plus but not required