Position Summary: The Accounts Payable Assistant is responsible for processing and monitoring cash flow for Boisset Family Estates and its’ winery operations, including: receiving, coding, and paying invoices; reconciling errors or oversights; processing monthly depletion data; and assisting other accounting staff members during vacation periods or periods of increased workloads.
• Perform all duties related to accounts payable: receive and review invoices, code to appropriate department/expense account, input into computer payment system, process checks, deliver payments, and all other necessary tasks.
• Maintain files for all vendors, distributors, contractors, and others, and of all payments processed.
• Maintain strong communication lines with all vendors. Process product returns, credits, fee negotiations, and other activities as needed.
• Cross train with other positions to assist during absences and workload increases.
• Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
• Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
• Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
• Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
• Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
• Must be able to work independently/with minimal supervision
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related programs.
• Must be able to learn other accounting software systems.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees, and participate in one-on-one and small groups situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using calculator or computer spreadsheet.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to a variety of tasks and duties. Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine, solve basic problems, and work with moderate supervision.
• Possess basic computer skills and familiarity with software programs such as word processing and spreadsheets.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school; or 6-12 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Accounting experience preferred.
• Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, handle items, and work with the fingers. May require lifting and moving objects up to 20 lbs in weight. Clear vision, close and distant, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for telephone and office level conversation.
• Well lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Minimal noise level typical of business office: computers, printers, telephones, light traffic. May or may not include periods in autos, airplanes, and/or lodging facilities.
Schedule and Travel Requirements:
• Regular business schedule: Monday through Friday. Overtime possible, but very infrequent.
• Position does not require overnight travel.
Boisset Collection is an innovative, eco-minded, dynamic company with family roots in France and California. Equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants will be considered.
Competitive hourly wage and full benefits offered.
***Benefits: medical starts first of the month following your hire date, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, Life/Disability/AD&D, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and generous employee discounts.
Proud to be honored by the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2019.