Wine Communications Group is a B-to-B wine media company that provides a number of products and services targeted to the wine industry. These include Wine Business Monthly magazine, Winejobs.com, Winebusiness.com, Daily News Email, Winery and Vendor databases, Grapes & Bulk Wine Classifieds, and annual conferences.
The primary responsibility for this position is to provide support for the sales team. The candidate must be able to provide a high level of timely, professional, and friendly customer service to our advertisers. The position also provides the sales team with reports and other support as needed. The candidate will work closely with other departments, including editorial, data, circulation, events and productions. Some travel for events may be required throughout the year. This could be an ideal position for a recent graduate with an interest in the wine industry.
- Support sales team’s efforts to sell advertising, exhibit space, and event sponsorships
- Enter info into company databases to keep company sales records up to date
- Provide reports for sales team as needed
- Provide email and phone support for our advertisers/sponsors
- Work with advertisers to get artwork submitted in a timely manner
- Assist with booth sales for events
- Maintaining of advertiser entries in Buyer’s Guide
- Backup support for the office manager
- Opportunities for advancement based on experience/performance.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Attend company-managed events to help with exhibitor check-in and set-up. Provide exceptional customer service to exhibitors on site.
- Assist with internal company projects and tasks
- Driven to provide an exceptional level of customer service.
- Excellent phone and email communication skills are a must!
- Outstanding team player and self-starter.
- Interest in wine and wine production, a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to gain proficiency on databases and Salesforce to create target lists of accounts and record activities with accounts
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively and closely with a variety of personalities.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time, and work independently in a deadline driven environment.
- Wine Communications Group is located in Sonoma, California. This position requires working in the company’s office.
- This is a full-time hourly position.
- Competitive compensation, including benefits package.
Start Date: Immediately