O’Shaughnessy Estate Winery is seeking a passionate and aspiring wine professional to join our winemaking team. This full-time position will work closely with our Winemaker, Associate Winemaker and small production staff to help craft our highly regarded mountain Cabernets at both O’Shaughnessy Estate and Progeny Winery.
This is an extremely hands on position. The flexibility and willingness to handle all aspects of the winemaking process and facility upkeep are essential.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform all Lab Analysis: wet chemistry, spectrophotometer and OENOFOSS
• All aspects of barrel management and movement: topping, racking, steaming, gassing.
• Fruit receival and processing, pump-overs, punch-downs, tank digging and pressing.
• Fermentation management.
• InnoVint software management, work order and inventory upkeep.
• Facility upkeep and maintenance.
• Participate in winery club tasting events.
Qualifications and Physical Requirements:
• Prior production experience required.
• Degree in related field preferred.
• Forklift experience required.
• The ability to lift 50 lbs repeatedly and overall good health to complete all cellar related duties.
Salaried position with competitive benefits package.
Facilities located in both Napa and Angwin.