Founded in 1996, DuMOL is a vineyard focused producer of cool-climate Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from distinctive vineyards in the southwestern part of the Russian River Valley. We also grow and craft small-lot Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chenin Blanc and Mencia from exceptional vineyard sites in Sonoma and Napa, expanding upon twenty-five years of winegrowing experience.
Through precise attention to detail in the vineyards and vintage-specific winegrowing, we aim to create wines that highlight the purity of place. Our small team is dedicated to our portfolio of Estate, leased, and grower-partner vineyards. DuMOL wines are released through limited allocations to our consumer mailing list and select restaurants & retailers worldwide. Our culture is one of passion, precision, ethics, creativity and continuous improvement.
We are seeking a self-starter with an aptitude for high-touch hospitality and customer service to build an unparalleled hospitality experience for DuMOL. Our focus is on delivering an inviting experience to our Members through a welcoming and informative hospitality program. We desire to engage new Members and develop deep and lasting relationships with current Members by expanding our winery and off-site event offerings. This individual will provide exemplary customer service, have a keen attention to detail, a desire to take initiative, as well as a comfort with ambiguity and ability to be adaptable. The Hospitality and Events Manager will collaborate with the DTC, Wholesale, and Winegrowing teams to identify relevant opportunities and execute on initiatives to improve our DuMOL hospitality and events program. This position is a key member of the Member Relations team and reports to the DTC Sales and Operations Manager. The right candidate will find opportunities for growth and career development within our small organization.
• Lead the evolution of DuMOL’s hospitality program, identifying opportunities for growth and driving execution
• Manage all aspects of guest visits to winery or Estate properties, including initial correspondence, tasting execution, wine sales and shipments, and follow up
• Share the DuMOL wines and story in an educational and entertaining experience in person or virtually
• Manage tasting reservations to maintain a full schedule and clean, complete data to support analysis
• Build lasting relationships with Members leveraging high-touch engagement, including hand-written thank you notes
• Create a compelling experience that encourages guests to become DuMOL Members
• Establish and maintain relationships with our neighboring establishments, including local wineries, resorts, and restaurants
• Provide exemplary customer service and outreach to DuMOL Members, assisting during DTC release periods as needed
• Facilitate the execution of DuMOL-hosted events
• Manage inventory of wine and supplies, restocking as needed
• Maintain a clean, presentable, and operational space
The right candidate has:
• A desire and ability to connect with a diverse range of people demonstrated by a track record of success in hospitality or customer service fields
• Passion for wine, ideally with experience in viticulture and winemaking processes (or an interest in learning)
• Experience or awareness of luxury winery, retail, restaurant or hospitality environment
• Demonstrated drive & ambition, paired with curiosity, self-awareness and a desire to never stop growing
• An ownership mentality with strong work ethic and goal orientation and is able to manage dynamic priorities effectively
• The ability to be self-directed and work autonomously and the judgement to know when to collaborate and ask for help
• Fine attention to detail, enthusiasm to work with various people, and high standards in work product
• Comfort with problem solving and is solution oriented
• Excellent verbal and written communication, with polished in-person, phone, and email skills
• Confidence with technology and software, including Microsoft Office, ecommerce and CRM systems
Position is full time, based on Tuesday through Saturday work week with the ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings as winery activities and staffing needs demand.
If interested in applying, please send brief cover letter and resume.