Employee: Winery and Facilities Technician (Lytton Springs)
Reports to: Production Systems & Facilities Mgr.
The Winery Operations Technician is responsible for assisting in keeping the winery running smoothly, including the bottling line, repairing winery equipment, and all facility operations. This is a “hands on” position. The ideal candidate will have commercial and industrial experience (electrical, plumbing, fabrication, welding, carpentry, etc.), be proactive, well organized, and experienced in overall facility maintenance, and bottling operations.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• PMs, repairs, and troubleshooting services for all winery processing equipment including crusher/destemmers, presses, pumps, filters, etc. including HVAC and refrigeration system, water, and wastewater compressed air systems.
• Proactive maintenance for 1 bottling line, including troubleshooting, changeovers, lubrication, etc.
• Works closely with Winery Operations Manager to implement capital projects to support facility upgrades and expansion.
• Participate in safety programs and Cal-OSHA compliance, for all facility systems including fire prevention, confined space, etc.
• Occasionally performs a routine “walk around” inspection of all key winery systems including:
• Water – Wells, pumps, water conditioning equipment, boilers, fire protection system, etc.
• Compressed Air – Compressors, air lines
• HVAC – Heating, cooling, humidity control systems
• Power – Electrical power distribution, backup generators
• Production Equipment – Bottling line, grape crusher, grape press
• Septic & Process Waste – Septic tanks, settling tanks, leach fields, drains, etc.
• Supports continuous improvement opportunities for efficiency, cost savings, safety, security and sustainability
• Works with a “safety first” approach and participates in safety programs
• Participates in the planning and execution of capital projects for the winery
• Works extended hours and additional shifts (including weekends) during harvest
• Performs all related duties as assigned
• BA/BS/AA/ Trade Certificate, preferred. High School diploma required
• 2 years’ experience running/maintaining a minimum 60bpm bottling line required
• 3-5 years’ experience in winery facility maintenance required
• Skills in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry required
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, Spanish language skills a plus
• Ability to use a computer and Microsoft Office software
• Ability to work outside of normal working hours during harvest and other busy periods as needed
• Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record required
• Required to conduct work at heights, climb ladders, walk up and down stairs, walk on uneven surfaces, and work in confined spaces
• Ability to lift and carry equipment that weighs up to 60 pounds
• Knowledge of wastewater systems
• Forklift certified preferred