Treasury Wine Estates owns several wineries within California from the Central Coast to California's Northern Napa County. Our primary focus is to produce quality wines by selecting top vineyards and fruit from various sub-appellations. Each winery showcases a unique personality and contributes to TWE's passion for being the best and the industry leader.
The purpose of the internship is to provide a learning experience in the field of winemaking (by teaching our winemaking practices using theoretical and hands-on experience). The overall goal would be to have a symbiotic relationship where we can provide the intern with new winemaking tools and philosophies, while at the same time benefitting by learning from the intern about new techniques, research, and ideas.
* Compliance with all safety policies
* Assisting in operating winery equipment (grape processing, presses, pumps, etc.)
* Assisting in barrel work including management of barrel quality control program, barrel fills, coopering aid for barrel fermentation, barrel fermentation management, etc.
* Yeast additions, inoculations, nutrient and other grape must additions
* Supervision and logistics for pump over crews on one of our shifts
* Monitoring fermentations by checking brix and temperature, as well as visual and sensory evaluations; interpret data and report to winemaking
* Monitor effectiveness of sanitation - ATP meter, visual, and SOP audits
* Tasting with winemakers on a regular basis to highlight and define fermentation decisions
* Other winemaking and cellar needs as they arise
* Degree in or currently enrolled in Enology, Viticulture, or related scientific field; or Winemaking Certificate program. Demonstrated commitment to the wine industry
* Previous winery experience is desired, but not required
* Ability to work as a dynamic and contributing team member in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent communication skills; can communicate effectively in English
* Strong organizational and problem-solving skill; ability to manage priorities and workflow
* Must be computer literate, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Must have a good driving record, dependable transportation, and be 21 years or older
* Must work over-time as required
* Ability to build great relationships with team members
* Ability to lift 40 pounds
To apply, please vsend your resume and coverlette to: Megan Twitchell - Assistant Winemaker: Megan.Bocchino@TWEglobal.com