Location Summary - SIMI Winery
Simi Winery has been producing wine in Sonoma County since 1876, and continuously making wine in the same stone cellars in Healdsburg since 1890. It was founded by Giuseppe and Pietro Simi after they left Tuscany in search of gold in California. Over the past 144 years Simi has continued to produce fine wine, first under Giuseppe and Pietro and then after 1904 by Giuseppe's daughter Isabelle. It was one of the few wineries in California that survived Prohibition, they had 500,000 gallons in their cellar ready to be sold when Prohibition was repealed. Today Simi has several vineyards in Alexander Valley and Russian River Valley, each with a unique terroir that provides distinguished wines depicting those regions. As we have from the beginning, our wines reflect Sonoma County - a scenic and stunningly diverse region along the Pacific Coast.
The Weighmaster works closely with winemaking, wine tracking and production staff to weigh and process grape, juice and wine trucks entering and leaving the winery according to scheduled work orders. It is the Weighmaster's responsibility to verify compliance and accuracy of all truck loads.
This is a temporary position, that will last from August - November.
* Under limited supervision, weighs trucks, enters data into computerized scale, and fills out related paperwork.
* Works closely with wine tracking and production staff for processing trucks and tankers in and out of the facility according to crush schedule and work orders.
* Operates commercial truck scale to determine and verify the amounts of grapes, bulk wine and winery related products and issues certificates attesting to the amount of such products.
* Responsible for processing weight tickets and vineyard field tags of inbound and outbound trucks during harvest.
* Transcribes weight certificates into computer and fills out miscellaneous documents relating to truck shipments.
* Assures that commercial transactions based on quantities certified on a Weighmaster certificate are accurate.
* Additional duties may include filing and data entry, and possibly light cellar work/cleaning.
* Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results.
* Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety.
* High School Diploma/GED
* 0-2 years' experience
* Must be available to work overtime and weekends when required
* Good computer skills
* Basic writing and math skills
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be able to stand, walk, sit
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
* Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
* Climb or balance stairs/ladders
* Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
* Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
* Work outdoors/indoors
* Work in warm/cold climates
* Work on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Work near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
The purpose of this description is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with a glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).