You are invited to join a team of sales professionals and luxury hospitality specialists to achieve business goals through hosting intimate, curated wine tasting experiences at our beautiful Russian River Valley Winery. We are looking for dynamic, personable, passionate wine enthusiasts to round out a small, collaborative team of pioneers, rooted in our rich history. Previous hospitality and/or sales experience is required.
Gary Farrell Winery offers wine lovers a vibrant, generous, inviting collection of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay that includes masterfully made single vineyard wines from iconic vineyards alongside beautifully composed regional blends with a true sense of place, ready to be shared with good friends and lively conversation.
Job Title: Estate Ambassador
Department: Tasting Room
Reports To: Tasting Room Manager
Classification: Hourly + Commission
Type of work: Regular Full Time
Scope: Individual and team contributor of sales and club membership signups to achieve company’s fiscal and non-fiscal goals. Promotes the sale of wine and club memberships through “Michelin Star” level hospitality and wine edutainment to guests. Will be responsible to follow all of the company established health and safety procedures.
• Promote and sell limited small-production wines through tasting experiences, events and activities.
• Utilize each tasting experience and guest interaction to recruit for wine club membership.
• Educate customers about the uniqueness of our brand, including our winery history, accolades and awards.
• Entertain guests with stories about our vineyards, Sonoma County and winemaking.
• Personalize each guest interaction to meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
• Capture and maintain customer information for future sales and marketing efforts.
• Conduct tasting experiences for consumer, trade, media and VIP guests.
• Contribute positively to the team, work together and nurture a collaborative effort.
• Assist with daily tasting room operations including but not limited to: open/close procedures, cleaning and sanitizing work areas and restrooms, inventory, retail sales using WineDirect POS system, answering telephone and responding to messages, glass washing and polishing, accurately processing shipping orders and transactions.
• Assist with winery events and occasional off-site marketing events as needed.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Wine knowledgeable and exudes passion for Russian River Valley Pinot Noir and Chardonnay
• Exceptional hospitality and communication skills to deliver a “Michelin Star” level guest experience
• Dynamic sales skills with the ability to meet individual and team goals
• Team-oriented with positive contribution to harmony and collaboration among peers
• Self-motivated and results driven
• Positive professional demeanor with at least two years tasting room and/or retail sales experience
• Computer proficiency (POS systems and MS Office)
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Ability to perform all job responsibilities while wearing a face covering
• Ability to maintain 6ft safe distancing protocols with both staff and guests
• Ability to wear non-latex gloves throughout your shift
• Fulfill requirement to be tested for coronavirus with negative results prior to reporting to the first shift
• Strict adherence to all company established health & safety protocols
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on an intermittent basis
• Ability to work in a standing and/or walking position for long periods of time