Fog Crest Vineyard is a prominent Russian River Valley producer of Pinot noir and Chardonnay.
With a strong focus on quality and attention to detail, the winery has a great reputation for the production of Chardonnay and Pinot noir from our estate vineyard located in the Laguna Hills of the Russian River Valley.
We are currently seeking a harvest assistant winemaker to work closely with our Burgundy trained winemaker for the 2021 harvest season. The candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of winemaking and viticulture during the ripening season and harvest activities while learning and working directly with our winemaker. Extra helpers are provided by the winery for the processing of the estate Pinot noir.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- bottling our 20 Pinots
- Vineyard sampling/crop estimates, processing of fruit samples, assessment of ripeness
- Fruit sorting/processing/overall crush
- Sanitation of processing/cellar equipment
- Monitoring fermentations (Brix, Temp)
- Daily assessment of fermentation through tasting
- Punch downs
- Filling barrels
- Additions to juice and must
- Assisting with draining and pressing
- All other harvest related duties as required
Prior harvest experience is preferred but not required. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, a detail driven individual who possesses an aptitude to work well under the guidance and supervision of our winemaker. We are looking for an individual who brings a positive attitude and team-oriented spirit to the job. We also expect the candidate to appreciate that this is a physical job in an often-demanding work environment.
The period of employment will extend from early August through to mid-October.
Please apply through the link with a cover letter and a resume.