A multi-faceted, expanding, premium winery based in Charlottesville, VA, is looking for a qualified lab technician to join our team. The position includes training and opportunity for advancement.
Primary laboratory responsibilities include:
• Solution, reagent and sample preparation
• Equipment setup, operation, and maintenance
• Wet chemistry and enzymatic analysis with an automated spectrophotometer
• Fruit sample analysis
• Fermentation monitoring
• Acid, sugar, and blending trial preparation
• Managing long-term monitoring of bulk wine inventory
• Testing for cold and heat stability
• Quality control of bottling line operations
• Cleaning, data entry and other tasks as assigned
Duties in the cellar include:
• Performing direct inoculation of yeast to juice
• Collecting wine and juice samples
A successful candidate will be a meticulous, detail-oriented person who is able to accurately and consistently follow established procedures, work independently and make recommendations for process improvements. Applicants must have strong reasoning skills, be computer literate and exhibit outstanding written and verbal communication abilities. Being able to multi-task while maintaining a positive, team-oriented attitude are essential.
A minimum of a B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biology, Enology and related field is required. Additional requirements include the ability to: lift 50 lbs; sit and stand for long periods; understand and follow written technical instructions including chemical labeling and safety procedures.
This is a full-time position that requires a flexible schedule. Weekends and overtime will be required during harvest. Compensation will be dependent on experience. Please submit cover letter with resume.