John Anthony Family of Wines is a high-growth company in downtown Napa. Founded by a second-generation Napa Valley vintner, our portfolio includes JaM Cellars, John Anthony Vineyards, FARM Napa Valley and other brands that collectively receive multiple 90+ scores, and top Nielsen ratings for volume growth across the country. We move fast, love what we do and have a smart, tight-knit team.
Competitive compensation, depending on experience and World Class Benefits, while working with a fun team in downtown Napa, CA.
This position is available June 1, 2021.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Open the office daily
• Greet and welcome guests upon arrival; bring them coffee/water, etc.; set up and organize conference rooms following meetings
• Answer multi-line phone, screen, and forward incoming phone calls to appropriate person; provide information in person and via phone to guest/vendor inquiries
• Calendar management: schedule and add items to calendars as directed
• Direct visitors to the appropriate person; receive/sign for packages
• Ensure reception area and office space is tidy and presentable at all times
• Coordinate meetings and organize catering for company/sales events (on occasion after working-hours/weekends)
• Pick up mail at four locations daily; open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
• Assist with clerical duties such as filling, photocopying, scanning, organizing, and maintaining company informational binders
• Assist various departments as needed: accounting, marketing, sales, winemaking/production
• Ship packages/documents via FedEx, UPS, USPS, and notifying customer/sending them tracking information; Overnight last-minute checks or other important documents
• Take daily deposits to local banks
• Coordinate the repairs and maintenance of office equipment, including copier, computers, printers, coffee machines, dishwasher, microwave, etc.
• Maintain kitchen/office supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipts of supplies
• Assist with managing guest lists/RSVPs for company events
• Compile birthday wine allocation and cards for employees; ship wine to out of state employees
• Create and update various miscellaneous reports and documents as directed
• Assist with moving items to and from various corporate locations including company warehouse
This is an entry-level position. Professional/Administrative experience is welcomed, but NOT required.
Degree or Degree-in-progress preferred, but not required.
Ideal candidate will be detailed-oriented, have a positive attitude, possess flexibility, and be willing to learn on the job while also having fun!
Must be able to lift cases of wine (~40 pounds)
Must have car/driver’s license; mileage will be reimbursed
Napa resident preferred