Vineyard 29, an ultra-premium, state-of-the-art, gravity flow winery located in St. Helena, CA, is currently recruiting for seasonal cellar interns. We are looking for hard-working, energetic and enthusiastic people to join our team for the 2021 Harvest.
Vineyard 29 processes approximately three hundred tons a year: predominately red Bordeaux varietals with lesser amounts of Zinfandel, Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir. We have a production team of four full-time employees.
Harvest interns are exposed to all facets of winery work related to small batch winemaking. This will include (but not be limited to):
• meticulous cleaning and sanitation
• crush-pad and sorting-line operations
• fermentation management (i.e. pump-overs and punch-downs)
• routine analysis (Brix/pH/TA/VA/Enzymatic ML/RS/NOPA/Ammonia/FSO2,etc)
• barrel work
• Sampling (in cellar and vineyards)
• wine and must additions
• participation in on-site benchmark tastings
Successful candidates must:
• Have an understanding of fruit processing and fermentation
• Have a minimum of one year harvest cellar experience
• Have great attention to detail
• Work well as a team member
• Be available to work from approximately early August through mid to late November
• Be dependable and flexible to work overtime, weekends and holidays
• Forklift skills/certification are a plus, but not necessary
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Walk, kneel, bend and stand for prolonged periods.
• Climb stairs
• Lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
The majority of work time is spent in the winery cellar, lab and caves where temperatures are cool, and the noise level is usually moderate.
Please submit your resume/CV and a note or cover letter telling us why you are interested in this opportunity and why you would be an awesome addition to our team