Trefethen Family Vineyards is looking for a full-time Wine Educator. We are a family-owned estate vineyard and winery in the Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley. For more than 50 years, we have been crafting world-class wines with our own estate-grown grapes. We also have a legacy of hospitality and our Wine Educators are known for providing memorable and educational experiences for our guests. After a closure at the beginning of this year, we have resumed our wine tasting and culinary experiences on February 1st. We have numerous protocols aimed at protecting the health of our guests and employees while creating a comfortable and fun atmosphere.
Reporting to the Visitor Center Supervisor, Wine Educators are key members of our estate hospitality team. This position is responsible for educating and entertaining our guests, providing fantastic experiences and generating wine sales in person as well as via telephone and through email. The Wine Educator will typically spend the majority of their time hosting guests at our estate but will also be cross-trained to assist throughout the Retail & Hospitality department in other ways including tours of our estate vineyard and Historic Winery, Outbound Sales and general support connecting with members of our Wine Club. We offer great benefits such as medical/dental/vision insurance, paid sick and vacation time, paid holidays, participation in our 401k plan, employee wine allocations and fruit and vegetable allocations from our estate gardens.
• Share our story and our wines with genuine enthusiasm while engaging in authentic conversations with our guests
• Sell our wines and promote wine club membership
• Assist with greeting guests at reception and coordinating tasting experiences
• Accurately enter all transactions and customer information in our POS software
• Assist the team with the daily setup and breakdown of tasting areas
• Support other members of the Retail & Hospitality team as needed
• A welcoming and cheerful disposition with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Passion for fine wine and hospitality with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to learn and become proficient with Wine Direct, Commerce 7, Cellar Pass and other programs including Google Drive, Gmail and Microsoft Excel.
• Team first attitude and willingness to grow within a supportive and fun environment
• Desire to keep learning more about our wines, our story and our approach to hospitality.
• Must be available to work weekends and holidays
• Must be willing to adhere to all of our social distancing and hygiene protocols including, but not limited to, daily symptom checks and consistent use of facial coverings.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Operate a desktop computer with keyboard and mouse, employing repetitive arm and wrist motions
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers
• Specific vision abilities require close and distance vision
• Sit and stand for long periods of time, including serving guests in our outdoor spaces
• Occasionally bend, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch or climb stairs
To apply, send us a resume
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org