Editorial and Communications Manager for Karen MacNeil & Company
Act as the lead writer and editor of Karen MacNeil & Company’s digital newsletter WineSpeed. Work closely with the Karen MacNeil team on all communication and writing projects including The Wine Bible 3rd edition, digital communications, and events.
ABOUT KAREN MACNEIL & COMPANY LLC
Karen MacNeil & Company LLC is a wine consulting and communications firm owned and operated by Karen MacNeil. Karen MacNeil is one of the foremost wine experts in the United States and is the author of the bestselling book, The Wine Bible.
The company creates and produces wine events, educational seminars (in person, and virtual), media projects, writing projects and books, and partners with a wide range of clients.
The Editorial & Communications Manager is a critical linchpin in the effectiveness and efficiency of Karen MacNeil & Company. This is a very fast-paced office. The ideal candidate will be a very strong writer and researcher, a polished communicator, well-practiced in digital media, extremely attentive to detail, and superbly organized. The position requires a self-starter and who knows how to “take the next step” to success on a project. Significant wine knowledge is a must.
• Manage writing and publishing of the weekly digital newsletter WineSpeed. Conduct research and write content. Help direct WineSpeed marketing.
• Coordinate and write scripts for live virtual tastings for #TASTEWITHKARENLIVE and other virtual events.
• Assist in research for the third edition of The Wine Bible.
• Events and Seminars: Help plan and organize in-person wine events and seminars. Conduct outreach to prospective new clients.
• Projects and Clients: Manage and organize many concurrent projects and clients. Maintain comprehensive records and files.
• Media and Education Products: Assist with the development, maintenance, and marketing of Karen MacNeil & Company products and services.
• Assist with KarenMacNeil.com and WineSpeed.com websites.
• Assist with KM&Co social media.
• Become involved in new KM&Co ventures and products.
• Help plan, organize and set up office wine tastings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A highly qualified candidate will have these skills, knowledge, and experience:
• Published writing in wine or a related field
• Experience with digital publishing
• Professional knowledge of wine, and world wine regions, styles, and grape varieties
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Superior organizational skills
• Event organization and client relationship management experience
• Creative and strategic thinking
• An entrepreneurial frame of mind and a team player
• A “do what it takes” attitude, plus the ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities and workloads with ambition and enthusiasm
• Work independently, work quickly, and demonstrate versatility and flexibility
• Conduct primary research thoroughly with an understanding of sources and documents
• Meet frequent deadlines
• Pitch in to help keep a small office running smoothly and efficiently
• Work remotely as needed
• Interact with a wide variety of contacts and clients, from corporate executives to support service personnel
• High intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
Small office suites on Main St. in downtown St. Helena. Noise level: low. Environment: private and quiet without a lot of busy social interaction.
Physical demands: must be able to lift/carry a case of wine (approximately 35 lbs.) and to unpack wine samples.
Karen MacNeil and Senior Business Manager
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Benefits: After initial three-month period, possible move to permanent status with paid holidays and vacation. Medical benefits based on insurance company requirements.
If you are interested in this position, please send a detailed cover letter, resume, and writing samples to email@example.com.