Spirit Works Distillery
Position Title: Tasting Room/DTC Manager
Reports To: Operations Manager
Benefits: Health, Dental, and Stipends
Spirit Works Distillery is a small craft distillery located in Sebastopol, California. The distillery is a highly respected and award-winning craft spirits producer which house-ferments, distills, and bottles handmade craft spirits. The production team is led by one of the few female distilling teams in the U.S and our tasting room is open 5 days a week, year-round. We are looking for a self-motivated person with great customer experience to lead our Tasting Room and new Direct to Consumer operations. Customers can purchase Spirit Works from the tasting room, at stores and bars wholesale, through a national online platform, and can now currently ship directly to consumers in CA from our website.
Basic Function: The Tasting Room/DTC Manager is responsible for the management of the tasting room operations, our customer overall experience with Spirit Works Distillery, and the new DTC plan. This role is responsible for yearly planning, strategy & budgeting for the tasting room & DTC work as well as overseeing daily management of the space and staff. This position will also be responsible for tasting room merchandise orders and staff productivity.
Qualifications: Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be organized, able to multi-task, and willing to ‘wear many hats. 2 to 3 years of previous retail management with direct to consumer experience is required. Proficiency with P.O.S. software (currently we use Wine Direct), Excel, Word, and knowledge of pulling and creating reports is also required. The candidate should have outstanding customer relations, a sense of urgency in responding to guests, and excitement for the industry. The tasting room/DTC manager should be goal-oriented, be very personable, and have excellent leadership skills. You must also be willing and able to work all weekends. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. as well as stand for long periods of time. Ideally, you are also passionate about cleanliness, funny, able to stop time, woke, and kind. You must also be concerned about, accepting of, and enforce, any and all Covid mask, sanitation, and/or other restrictions in place.
Principal Tasting Room Responsibilities:
- Ensure tasting room is staffed appropriately.
- Ensure all staff are on task and providing excellent guest experience.
- Responsible for all staff tasting room trainings on knowledge of products and company.
- Model exemplary relationship management to guests and community to best represent the brand.
- Responsible for all consumer, spirits club, or private events at the distillery.
- Manage calendar for relevant events, staff schedules, and holidays.
- Track sales and provide monthly report to management on performance and strategy.
- Generate and update yearly strategy.
- Develop and execute (w/Marketing Director) marketing campaigns to increase tasting room traffic.
- Coordinate with heads of Marketing, Sales, and Production to ensure overall company goals are being achieved and annual case sale projections are being supplied.
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness of the Tasting Room inside and outside of the space.
- Oversee monthly cocktail program in coordination with marketing goals.
- Develop a solid system to capture guest contact information.
- Pour spirits and host tastings in Tasting Room and, at times, at off-site events.
- Manage phone and email inquiries to tasting room.
- Lead public tours with knowledge and enthusiasm for our products.
- Host virtual tastings as needed.
- Develop, implement, and manage Outreach Program.
- Manage functionality and relationships with third-party vendors/platforms (WineDirect & Tock)
Principal Direct to Consumer Responsibilities:
- Assess current DTC setup functionality.
- Direct DTC program development, improvement, and growth.
- Develop further DTC strategy w/Marketing and Sales Directors.
- Oversee confirmation and fulfillment of all DTC orders in order to ensure spirits are delivered on time and in good condition.
- Ensure all consumers are receiving excellent service and attention.
- Manage functionality and relationships with third-party vendors/platforms (Square, Mash & Grape, Fedex)
Principal Spirits Club Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement with SCL further outreach strategy for club growth.
- Oversees the Spirits Club Lead (SCL) position to ensure all club members are satisfied and receiving above and beyond service and attention.
- Work with SCL on all quarterly-releases including email communication, event set up and management, tracking members, and follow-up as needed.
Please provide a cover letter including your interest in Spirit Works specifically and your resume.