Scharffenberger Cellars has been crafting premium sparkling wines from California’s Anderson Valley since 1981. As a member of the Champagne Louis Roederer family of wines, we have a commitment to craft without compromise.
We are looking for passionate, hardworking, detail-oriented, and fun spirited individuals to join our team for the 2021 harvest. Experience is a plus, desire is a must. Our interns will assist with all aspects of the harvest and winemaking operations including but not limited to: grape receiving, press operations, fermentation monitoring & management, pump overs, racking, sanitation, sample preparation, sensory evaluation, tracking trials, and generally assist wherever needed. This is a great opportunity to learn hands on about crafting and evaluating premium sparkling wines in the traditional method.
• General knowledge of winemaking and viticulture
• Ability to climb, bend, stand for prolonged lengths of time, and be able to lift 50lbs.
• Ability to work long, flexible hours through busy harvest time.
• Ability to lawfully work in the USA.
• Candidates must be at least 21 years of age.
• Ability to speak, write, and read English. Spanish is a plus.
Seasonal housing will be provided.
Internship duration: August – October
If you are interested in joining our team for Harvest 2021, please send your resume and a compelling cover letter for consideration.