We are searching for new additions to join our sales team (full-time and part-time). You’d be joining as a core revenue-driver who is active in outbound phone sales, hosting virtual tastings, and private seated tastings at the winery. Ideal candidates are sales-driven, goal-oriented, highly skilled in customer service, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Do you love selling wine, building long-lasting connections with people, and telling stories? Are you looking for a job that offers an array of duties where each day is something different while working in a fun environment and being supported by a close-knit team? We’d love to hear from you!
“Grow what belongs here. Be patient.” This is core to our philosophy at DaVero Farms & Winery in conjunction with being situated at a unique confluence of growing climate-appropriate wine varieties (Italian), practicing regenerative farming (certified Biodynamic), and embracing natural winemaking. We are a small winery focused on selling direct to consumer and our loyal club members. The majority of our team members have been with us for years, making for a very cohesive small team, and we are looking to expand our work family. If this feels right to you, please submit a resume with a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you think you’d be a good fit.
WHAT YOU’D BE DOING
- Promote and sell our wines and memberships through outbound phone sales, virtual tastings, private seated tastings at the winery, and other direct-to-consumer activities.
- Anticipate the customer’s needs while providing awesome customer service.
- Engage customers and provide timely follow-up and follow-through.
- Maintain CRM within customer accounts including notes, tasks, and project reminders.
- Assist with inventory management, shipping, and logistics.
- Learn and utilize multiple platforms of technology – Captina, Google Workplace, Slack, Zoom, Dropbox, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Ability to work with a small team in a fast-paced environment, and adaptable to changing situations.
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS degree preferred but not required.
- Prior experience in wine sales, call center or luxury goods sales.
- Some formal wine education desired (like WSET, CMS, CSW) and general knowledge of Italian wines and the winemaking process is a plus.
WHO YOU ARE + WHAT YOU BRING
- Passion for wine, sales, service, and building long-term relationships.
- Dependable and committed to the success of the farm and winery.
- Team player and also able to work independently.
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Results-oriented and sales-driven.
- Strong time management and ability to organize the needs of the winery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver!
- This position includes weekends, some offsite events, evenings, and holidays.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Valid CA Driver’s license.