Midwestern Sales Account Manager:
Direct Sales Account Manager in IL + Wholesaler Account Manager in Multiple States
Location: Must reside in Chicago, IL.
This position is for a Midwestern US Regional Sales Account Manager responsible for prospecting, closing, and maintaining wine sales across all types of accounts and multiple states. The nature of this position requires a knowledge of supplier’s role in the 3-tier system. The ideal candidate will be able to skillfully and enthusiastically manage many moving parts in the sales cycle, always with an absolute focus on nurturing exceptional relationships with our distributor partners, accounts, and consumers.
About Us: JP Bourgeois is a French-owned importer of earth-friendly wines grown by small family farmers and winemakers in France, Spain, and Slovenia. Our wines reflect the people and vineyards that represent who we are as a company: fully committed to wines that are good for the earth and popular among organic, natural wine, and biodynamic wine drinkers.
• Brand Building: Promotes the entire JP Bourgeois portfolio of brands, built upon organic, small family farmers and wines.
• Sales with Distributor Partners: Develops effective wholesaler objectives based on sales goals, seasonal programming, performance measures, depletion reports and synergistic teamwork with distributor sales reps.
• Sales with Retailers (on premise and off premise): Develops and maintains key account and target lists (prospecting); nourishes relationships with accounts, in conjunction with wholesaler partners (follow Up) and earn repeat wine sales (follow through). Must be well-versed in using technology to sell remotely – from emails and phone calls to a CRM and virtual Meetings.
• Sales Proposals, Project Oversight, Product and Event Programming: Executes assigned programs as directed and, upon approval, introduces creative programs based on market needs and conditions. Creates and presents effective proposals to accounts and carries out various phases of projects, from proposal pitch to deliverables.
• Sales Meetings with Distributors: Schedules and leads effective wholesaler sales meetings involving all levels of management. Organize a monthly review of inventory, accounts, programming and sales opportunities with wholesaler brand managers. Must be well-versed in remote sales and virtual meetings.
• Sales Financial Duties: Adept at inventory and sales data analysis and interpretation. Submits required reports and expenses in a timely manner, meet all protocols and deadlines.
• Compliance: Responsible for managing activities in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
• Sales Reports to Internal Team: Weekly reporting to ownership of market response to company’s products and initiatives. This reporting includes (but is not limited to) the tracking of new placements, projected sales volumes and sell-through per customer, new sales opportunities.
Must possess a valid driver’s license, show proof of car insurance and have an acceptable driving record. Must have reliable transportation. Must be able to lift minimum 40lbs.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or related field strongly preferred.
• 3-5 years combined experience with wine suppliers and/or wholesalers in selling wines, building brands, and customer relations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Market knowledge, wholesaler relationship building and management skills, excellent verbal and written communication.
• Strong organizational, presentation, analytical, planning, organizational, and negotiation skills.
• Ability to successfully execute sales plans and marketing strategies.
• Ability to understand and apply market intelligence to sales strategy; read and evaluate sales and marketing reports, analysis, and trends.
• Ability to stay current with company brands, programs, initiatives, policies, and procedures as well as products offered by the company's competition.
• Genuine and persuasive presence to influence decision-makers.
• PC literate with solid knowledge in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Must integrate sales activities with our CRM, marketing campaigns, virtual/remote sales and social media outreach.
• Requires ability to travel frequently and flexibility in schedule to work evenings and weekends as needed. Must have reliable transportation and the ability to maintain product-friendly conditions to transport wines in various weather conditions.
• This is a remote position that requires working from home.
• Must be able to determine color, taste and smell of wine using senses.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
This is a base plus commission and benefits position with significant growth potential within a team-oriented, family-owned international company.
JP Bourgeois is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage all qualified candidates to apply – we want to find you!
Please submit a cover letter and resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org