The primary role of this position is to provide support for our Direct to Consumer programs through the fulfillment of direct orders. Orders stem from wine club, online, and winery sales. We fulfill orders in a way that exceeds our customers’ expectations. The Shipping Associate will report to the Shipping Manager and is vital in assisting the shipping department to prepare packages, accurately packing of wine orders including wine club, samples, and re-shipment of undeliverable packages.
• Preparing and packing orders for daily, club and sample requests.
• Verification and accuracy of products on each order.
• Help maintain an accurate inventory and restocking of incoming inventory.
• Receiving inbound products and deliveries.
• Keep work areas neat for efficiency and safety.
• Handle other projects and responsibilities as required and needed.
• Previous experience in shipping and receiving in a winery environment preferred.
• Be familiar with major carrier services including Fedex or UPS or any other major carrier
• Basic computer literacy with basic desktop skills including Outlook
• Good communication skills, verbal and written, with attention to detail.
• Dependable team-player with a sense of urgency and commitment to meet or beat tight deadlines.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
• Must have strong organizational skills, be a quick learner and be a detail-oriented problem solver.
• Must agree to participate in random drug testing as required. HALL maintains a drug-free work environment.
Hours & days required:
Full-time position working Monday through Friday but must be flexible to work different days and hours as required. Weekend work is infrequent but possible. There are at least four occasions throughout the year when this person assists with events at the winery.
Compensation & Benefits:
• Hourly rate dependent on experience with potential for bonus
• Among others, benefits include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision), paid vacation, paid volunteer work, 401K, and discounts on wines.
About HALL Family Wines:
• HALL, WALT and BACA produce critically acclaimed Cabernet Sauvignons, Pinot Noirs and Zinfandels that stand among the best in the world. We are deeply committed to the production of exceptional wines that are reflections of the land from which the grapes are grown. We are proud leaders in sustainability, having built the first LEED Gold winery in California, in addition to our 11 certified sustainable (CCWA) Estate vineyards.
• At HALL Family Wines, we strive to do the right thing, to follow responsible business practices and to give back to our communities. We believe in the philosophy of leaving the world better than we found it, a philosophy we have been putting into action for 50 years, both in business and through our family Foundation, established in 1977.
• Hall Wines is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, veteran or disability status.
If values and community responsibility are important factors for you in choosing a place to work, if you enjoy working in an environment that prizes creativity, and if you hold yourself to a high standard of excellence in your job performance, this position may be a good fit for you.